Tips - Minus-uploader

tforsman

Most of you guys know about dropbox. This is the same stuff, but you get 10GB free instead of 2GB and also got a linux, Windows and a android app.

What is Minus?Minus is a simple file sharing platform that allows users to upload, publish and discover photos, docs, music, videos and more. Drag and drop files onto Minus and start sharing today.
First look if its available in your linux repo, mint, arch and ubuntu have it already.site: https://minus.com/Download: https://minus.com/pages/toolsHopefully someone haven't heard of this one. :">

V.T. Eric Layton

Interesting! I may have to check that out. I don't really need it. I hardly use any of my 2Gig on D-box, but you never know. My biggest complaint about these services is not the services themselves. It's the slow upload (5Gig) speed of my ISP. :' />

My biggest complaint about these services is not the services themselves. It's the slow upload (5Gig) speed of my ISP.
Huh, you think you are slow. I saw your download speeds in TOR; my upload is only 0.6 Gig and my download is 5.1 Gig. That is the best that ATT DSL has to offer and unfortunately I am stuck in a city that does not have Verizon, unlike you.Bill

securitybreach
Huh, you think you are slow. I saw your download speeds in TOR; my upload is only 0.6 Gig and my download is 5.1 Gig. That is the best that ATT DSL has to offer and unfortunately I am stuck in a city that does not have Verizon, unlike you.Bill
Can you get internet from a Cable provider where you live? This is about average on my connection and I only pay $35 a month:1501908647.pngBTW Tomas, Minus looks interesting. I may have to check it out :' />

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, yes... I know my up/down speeds are pretty good. My point though, was that until ISPs stop throttling upload speeds, this "cloud computing" carp ain't gonna' be a happenin' thing. :' />

Minus looks interesting. I don't store much online though, and Imageshack has been satifactory for what I use so far.

It's the slow upload (5Gig) speed of my ISP. :">
Luxury!
My plan has awful upload speeds, but then I don't upload much.1502027538.png

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I guess we shouldn't complain. I remember beating my head on the wall and pulling my hair out waiting for pages to change on 33kbps dial up just a decade ago. :o

Guest LilBambi

I thought I would post my speeds on Verizon Cellular 3G (no 4G in our area) so this is on a MiFi 2200 as good comic relief. Actually, it is not bad today. Toward the end of the month it gets very testy for a service that claims they don't throttle.1503690663.png

securitybreach
I thought I would post my speeds on Verizon Cellular 3G (no 4G in our area) so this is on a MiFi 2200 as good comic relief. Actually, it is not bad today. Toward the end of the month it gets very testy for a service that claims they don't throttle.
Ugh :thumbsdown:When will they ever bring you all Broadband?

Can you get internet from a Cable provider where you live?
Yes, but it is Time-Warner, and I know nobody that does not complain about the frequent outages while watching TV. And I cannot get it of course without the TV part, and I don't want them rewiring my house and stringing cables all over; I wish I could just get a jack on the wall and do my own wiring but do-it-yourself does not seem to be something they offer. And their idea of a good installation is to have your TV set, computer, telephone and all Ethernet lines available together at one location. My TV is well removed from my computers and telephone and having done all the Ethernet cabling myself to avoid wi-fi, I just don't want them coming in and going thru my attic and closets for a 1/2 day rewiring my house marathon . . . Same with ATT Uverse. However, for what I pay for DSL Elite from ATT, I guess I ought to give in and let them re-do me considering the speed increase I could supposedly get; altho they seem rather vague about exactly what they charge for what Internet speed once the initial "bargain" deal is over. And if their TV goes out, does their Internet go out at the same time? Seem logical to me that would be the case which would really be annoying.Furthermore, I can live quite well without TV I cannot get over the air free . . . !Bill Edited by BillD

V.T. Eric Layton
Furthermore, I can live quite well without TV I cannot get over the air free . . . !Bill
Hear! Hear! I'm with you there, Bill! I've been cable and/or dish free since 1999.