Rename SFNL

Snoddy

Hey. You know, I actually am not all that fond of the name "Scot's Newsletter." I actually registered a whole bunch of domain names, including PCClues.com, PC-Insider.com, anda long list of others that are pretty staid but more professional sounding. This was in late 2001, as I recall, and I put it to a vote in the newsletter. The resounding response was that people preferred Scot's Newsletter.About the acronym, I wanted to use the acronym SNL, but then it quickly became clear that was too much like Saturday Night Live for a lot of people. I could use SFN, of course.I know I'm answering a somewhat humorous message with a serious response, but I actually think about this all the time. Who the heck is Scot? If I didn't know me, I might not subscribe. ;-)-- Scot

Some things do evolve, like user names (who hasn't tried several before deciding?) and avatars (gonna spring a new one on ya any day now). I'd say, from reading these posts, that a good number of people have found and like your newletter, whatever name it goes by. In this case, I'd say content wins over presentation.

Who the heck is Scot? If I didn't know me, I might not subscribe. ;-)You are too modest Scot. Most people I talk to, computer wise) recognize the name and newsletter.

Guest LilBambi

Yeah! You tell'em! What does he mean, "who's Scot anyway!" :)We know, and we know Scot does deliver good sound information and insight, just like the former WinMag (which is where I found and enjoyed your writing originally, Scot).Keep up the great work Scot! Don't worry about the name ... there's an old saying ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :rolleyes:

Guest ComputerBob

Well, I have to agree that SFNL is an awkward acronym.Scot, personally, I'd be much happier if you'd change your newsletter's name to ComputerBob's Newsletter :rolleyes: ;) :(