Slackware 12 packages

Noonmid27

Hi guysI am trying to install Mplayer on slackware 12 i check the required package file did a whereis on all the dependencies listed in the file...........where can i find esound, facc, gtk+2 libpnp, sdl, svgalib, these ones where not on my box already. i check slackages.com but i only found 4 of the 10 packages that i would need to make this work.

hi guys where can i find these dependencies this is for the tovid program........i've check the wiki page and there website and nothing...........mplex MISSING! mpeg2enc MISSING! yuvfps MISSING! yuvdenoise MISSING! ppmtoy4m MISSING! mp2enc MISSING! jpeg2yuv MISSING! ffmpeg MISSING!

Did you also have a look at this:http://tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Tovid_dependencies B) That'll set you in the right direction. :drooling:
when installing mpegtools which is a package that contains all the dependencies i would need to run this program i got this message when doing make install. In file included from liblavplay.c:50:/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3574: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3574: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3574: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3579: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3579: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3579: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3592: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3592: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3592: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3605: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3605: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3605: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3610: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3610: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3610: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3842: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3842: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3842: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3846: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3846: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3846: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3858: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3858: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3858: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3886: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3886: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3886: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3890: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3890: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3890: warning: data definition has no type or storage class/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3930: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3930: warning: type defaults to `int' in declarati on of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3930: warning: data definition has no type or stor age classliblavplay.c: In function `lavplay_SDL_update':liblavplay.c:721: warning: unused variable `frame_tmp'make[1]: *** [liblavplay_la-liblavplay.lo] Error 1make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/superslacker/mjpegtools-1.9.0rc2/lavtools'make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1can somebody explain this to me please and where should i look for the fix.

/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3574: error: syntax error before "_X_SENTINEL"/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3574: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_X_SENTINEL'/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3574: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
Hi Noon . . . . the thing that i notice is that it looks for Xlib.h in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/ . . . but in Slackware 12.0 the /usr/X11R6/include is symlinked to /usr/include . . . . searching for Xlib.h gives the path: /usr/include/X11/Xlib.hI think if you add /usr/X11R6/include/X11/ and /usr/include/X11/ to your /etc/ld.so.conf and next run ldconfig you stand a good chance the program will compile. Please read this first: Ldconfig ( Where are the Libs ? )B) Bruno

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Noon . . . . the thing that i notice is that it looks for Xlib.h in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/ . . . but in Slackware 12.0 the /usr/X11R6/include is symlinked to /usr/include . . . . searching for Xlib.h gives the path: /usr/include/X11/Xlib.hI think if you add /usr/X11R6/include/X11/ and /usr/include/X11/ to your /etc/ld.so.conf and next run ldconfig you stand a good chance the program will compile. Please read this first: Ldconfig ( Where are the Libs ? ):hmm: Bruno
I had the problem yesterday, and it took me a while to resolv it.Basically, before those error messages, there was an error message saying that X.h is not installed, which is the source of the compilation problems.The real problem for me was to find the name of the package containing the X headers, which is xproto (what a name!).After installing it, no more compilation problems here.So I'd say the other problem is there is no tool that I know of that can tell you the name of the package that contains it, when you tell it the name of the file you're looking for, for slackware.