BBC is making bogus news

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

According to BBC news.

Pirate copies of blockbuster hit The Matrix Reloaded were available to download online, less than two weeks after the film went on release around the world, BBC News Online has learned.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/f...ilm/2940270.stmApparently, they didn't get their facts right at all. a Digital copy is ones that are being sent to Oscar, but in fact, there is no such thing online yet (as far as I know)..The ultra hyaper digtal + surround sound is nothing but a copy of cam + fuzzy sound.. and BBC is saying it is very very awesome quality? Hehe.. I think they are really having nothing to post. Their news has greately damaged the P2P client, BitTorrent.. perhaps, they need to re-target their load at Kazaa more..id12931.jpg

Guest ThunderRiver

What you saw was Esoteric, which is a release group known for leaking cam quality movies. I think they are degrading the movie, but oh well.. supply and demand.

Copies are available all over the place, but they don't compare to seeing the movie in a theater. Very easy to find though, if you know where to look. The best copy of the movie out for download right now is the Centropy release. I wouldn't call it, or the Esoteric release, "high quality." Of course, there are varying degrees of quality based on what type of recording is used. For example, I've seen a Screener(SVCD format) copy of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, which was very tough to discern from watching a DVD. Here's a list of the different types of recordings released and an explanation of most of them:CAM: This type of VCD was recorded by someone in a cinema with a camcorder/DV and the audience can be usually be heard. The picture quality is usually OK but the sound is mostly not so good. The sound is recorded live from the camcorder/DV. Telesync: These are also recorded in a cinema but usually on an more expensive/professional camera/DV and they have a separate/direct audio source (so the audience cannot be heard), these are generally very good quality and highly watchable. Telecine: Done a number of ways, all from taking directly from the reel. Ripped in either widescreen (letterbox) or in full-screen (pan and scan) with excellent audio and video. The most common way is to get a device that you attach to the reel that generates a VHS tape of the reel. (called a telecine machine, but there are other machines that generate a digital output of both audio and video that are then put into a laptop or VCR and made into a VCD). Screener: A Screener is recorded form a promotional video tape or sometimes even DVD which is sent to censors and film critics etc.. The quality is usually as good as a commercial VCD, some times a copyright message appears on the screen. WorkPrint: Each frame of the film is copied from celluloid (or another source), these are often incomplete movies due to the origin. The sound is usually perfect and the visual quality can vary. There are no screener copies of The Matrix: Reloaded out yet. They typically arrive online way before the official release of the movie anyway. I've seen other articles lately that have been discussing the use of night vision goggles during shows to curb the use of camcorders. That's only gonna stop the really bad copies of these movies from getting out. The decent quality stuff is done on the inside, probably by people who either work at the theaters or know people that do. There's no easy way to go see a movie and plug in directly to the audio to record it.

Guest genaldar

The screener copy of Two Towers isn't svcd its xvid. I of course don't have it, but I know plenty of people who do. Its 2 cds btw. It has a message that pops up occasionally saying "for your consideration". It was also used to make a pair of single layer dvds available on most corners in china. My old roomate's dad picked up a bunch of different movies when he went there on business and two towers was one of them. To be honest it was a really good package too, it looked just like the regular packaging that most studios use in asia.I'd also like to add that most screeners these days are better than svcd quality. Xvid (which seems to be preferred by the insiders who make screeners and the rips from projectors) can make a movie that is halfway between svcd and dvd, if you use 2cds (or its a really compressable movie). At least it can if you take the time. If you rush it svcd is about as good as you're going to get.

These all sound illegal. I think I will just stick with watching it in the movie theater. Nothing beats a large screen, sitting by your someone special, and an excellent sound system. Of course, that does not mean I am not willing to go to the matinee to get a cheaper price!

The screener copy of Two Towers isn't svcd its xvid.  I of course don't have it, but I know plenty of people who do.  Its 2 cds btw.  It has a message that pops up occasionally saying "for your consideration".
Actually, the copy I've seen is SVCD and is 4 cds. The Xvid copy was just made from the same source. The "for your consideration" message did appear on the version I saw. However, it was not xvid, because I haven't seen a dvd player that supports xvid and I was watching this movie being played on a dvd player hooked up to a TV. Also, in response to other posts, I agree. I see all the new movies I want to see in the theater. I think seeing something for the first time in its pirated form can ruin the movie for you--just due to quality and screen size issues. And matinees are much better. Same movie, but much cheaper.The real question, and the one you never see in all these anti-piracy articles, is: How many people only watch the pirated copy, and how many people use the pirated copy after seeing the movie in a theater instead of paying $6 - $9 to see it again? I'm not trying to justify it, and the supply and demand issue raised was a great point. Perhaps people want to see it again but not pay again, or wait until it comes out to rent or purchase on dvd.

Guest ThunderRiver

I own that two XVID CDs release, but I just want them for private collection. Why do I have to wait for DVD release when I can actually collect them in digital quality ...When it says "For your own consideration" it is meant for the Committee that nominates the best movie and so on.. so it is not just DVD screener.. it is better. it is digital sync

Guest ThunderRiver
These all sound illegal.  I think I will just stick with watching it in the movie theater.  Nothing beats a large screen, sitting by your someone special, and an excellent sound system.  Of course, that does not mean I am not willing to go to the matinee to get a cheaper price!
lol.. I have another point of view with my girlfriend. big screen is nothing to me. Nothing can beat it when someone special sitting next to you.. and only "two" in the room..instead of being with tons of people eating popcorns.. shouting.. farting..burping.. and walking..waving hands.. you get the idea.