Napster 2.0 Warning

khisel

I experienced serious problems after installing Napster 2.0 on a WinXP Pro box: - Hidden partitions are now visible and taking up drive letters reserved for other devices. - All of my system restore points have been erased. - My DVD and CD drives will no longer recognize new media inserted into them. Additionally people in other forums are reporting: - Linux partitions destroyed - Multiple-partitioned drives get letters rearranged or duplicate assignments - Deactivates Norton Anti Virus - cannot be reactivated - Deinstalls Roxio DirectCD and Nero InCD (it installs its own burning software) - Marks XP installation as changed, requiring product reactivation Luckily, I traced my DVD/CD problem to the fact that Napster munged my Easy CD Creator install which disturbed XP's ability to read disks. Uninstalling Easy CD Creator cured that problem, thank goodness.The bottom line: do not install Napster 2.0 onto your main machine.

That's horrible news for someone willing to pay for online music. :) And isn't Roxio somehow connected to all this ? :lol: If you go to their home page, the first thing that jumps at you is a huge ad banner at the top (which has been there for quite a while). I had the impression they actually bought the rights.But if you try to find a link to get some kind of support, you won't find it at Roxio's site.Nice... :D

The response from Napster/Roxio support:--Thanks for contacting Napster Support.We would like to help you with your request, but unfortunately we have determined that your help request falls outside of our typical commitment to Customer Support pertaining to the Napster service. For general information, please review the Napster Terms and Conditions:http://www.napster.com/terms.htmlWhen responding on this issue, please reply with email history or copy the entire body of this email and paste it into your reply to ensure that all information is retained. Not providing the email history could delay our response time. Thanks for using Napster!Chris S.The Napster team

Guest LilBambi

Man, that's the pits! But with some of the things that some versions of Roxio's CD Creator have done, I wouldn't use this.Plus, I heard on TechTV that it doesn't play well with iTunes on Windows either!