Photo

Adobe Reader DC and Acrobat DC Security Updates Released

Today, 01:44 PM

Posted by Corrine in Security & Networking
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Acrobat and Reader for Windows to resolve an important vulnerability.  Successful exploitation could lead to an inadvertent leak of the user’s hashed NTLM password.  Proof-of-concept code for CVE-2018-15979 is publicly available.

Release date:  November 13, 2018
Vulnerability identifier: APSB18-40
Platform: Windows

Update or Complete Download
:

Reader DC and Acrobat DC were updated to version 2019.008.20081. Update checks can be manually activated by choosing Help & Check for Updates.

Note: UNcheck any pre-checked additional options presented with the update. They are not part of the software update and are completely optional.

Security Bulletin

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Pale Moon Version 28.2.0 Released With Security Updates

Today, 12:40 PM

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
Pale Moon has been updated to version 28.2.0, a major development release addressing performance, web compatibility, bugfixes, regressions and security vulnerabilities.  In particular, security fixes have been implemented for CVE-2018-12381, CVE-2017-7797, a better fix for CVE-2018-12386 (DiD), CVE-2018-12401 (DiD), CVE-2018-12398, CVE-2018-12392, several Skia bugs, and several crashes and memory safety hazards that do not have a CVE number.

Release Notes

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Shaving Retro

Yesterday, 04:54 PM

During the 1980s people seemed to think that what I really needed, was more shaving gear, Just about every “gifting” occasion produced at least one shaving accessory kit. I have a drawer full of aftershave lotions, and fancy handles for Atra, and Trac II, blade cartridges.

Of course I was obliged to use them.

Fortunately, my local supermarket carried “store brand” blades that would fit either one for considerably less than the overpriced brand name blade cartridges.

It seems that these days, a modern razor needs at least three to five cutting edges. The generic two blade cartridges have just been discontinued.

I looked at the alternatives.
I’m NOT going to pay $20 for stupid razor blades.

For some reason they still carry the old fashioned double edge blades that prehistoric safety razors used. They’re less than $4 for a package of ten.

I scrounged around in my basement and found:
  • An old Schick safety razor  with a damaged plastic handle (vintage unknown)

• A Gillette “Super Speed” (date code indicates 3rd quarter 1956, about when I started shaving).

• A Gillette “Slim Adjustable” (date code indicates 1st quarter 1966, I was young lieutenant)

• A package of rusty generic “Blue Blades”.

• A package of Schick stainless blades with one blade left.
I grabbed the stainless blade, and both Gillette razors, cleaned them up, and put the blade in the adjustable. It works just as well as it did in the ‘60s, before the myths about multiple cutting edges was propagated.

When it’s time to change blades, I have every intention of trying the 1956 razor, and finding out that the “adjustable” feature was just a sales gimmick.

BTW: It seems that old Gillette razors have become collectors items. (That’s why I was able to date them). Originally priced at $2 and change, they’re going for hundreds at auctions. If my wife had ever found them, she would have thrown them out.

I wonder what happened to my grandfather’s straight razor?

41 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by zlim )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 70 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Corrine, Yahoo, Bing

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS