Pale Moon Version 25.6.0 Released with Security Updates & Fixes

Corrine

Pale Moon has been updated to version 25.6. This update includes critical security updates as well as numerous fixes/changes. It is strongly advised that this update be applied as soon as possible. To get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.

Security fixes:

• Fixed a memory safety bug due to a bad test in nsZipArchive.cpp (CVE-2015-2735).
  • Fixed a memory safety bug in nsZipArchive::BuildFileList (CVE-2015-2736).
  • Fixed a memory safety bug caused by an overflow in nsXMLHttpRequest::AppendToResponseText (CVE-2015-2740).
  • Fixed a Use After Free in CanonicalizeXPCOMParticipant (CVE-2015-2722).
  • Fixed off-main-thread nsIPrincipal use of various consumers in the tree (only grab the principal when needed).
  • Fixed an issue where an IPDL message was sent off the main thread.
  • Fixed a potentially exploitable TCPSocket crash due to a race condition.

Fixes/changes:

A complete list of the fixes, changes and additions is available in the Release Notes.

• Like 3

I updated just one computer yesterday and discovered I can't post at one forum.

Every reply I make causes an error that says my reply is too short and has to be at least 3 characters. My replies are all more than 3 characters!

It was extremely frustrating so I had to use another computer or Firefox to post anything at that forum.

I did post at the palemoon forum about this glitch but after several hours, my thread had not appeared.

I'll hold off updating any other computers.

With WinPatrol and my browser acting strange, I'm about ready to restore an image to my desktop computer.