Coffee ...................

abarbarian

Guest LilBambi

I don't know, but it may not have been around for long? WOT has not had time to check it out yet.

And there is no indication where the server is located ... that could be problematic.

Why no indication where the server is located?

Guest LilBambi

Whois:

Detailed WHOIS Response

Domain name:

aeropresscoffee.co.uk

Registrant:

Catering and Leisure Supplies ld

Registrant type:

Unknown

Registrant's address:

Unit 6, The WREN Centre,

Emsworth

Hants

PO10 7SU

United Kingdom

Data validation:

Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 10-Dec-2012

Registrar:

GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]

URL: http://uk.godaddy.com

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 04-Jun-2009

Expiry date: 04-Jun-2015

Last updated: 21-May-2013

Registration status:

Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:

udns1.ultradns.net

udns2.ultradns.net

WHOIS lookup made at 13:37:03 14-Jul-2014

--

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry

for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2014.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted

by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whoisterms,

which includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its

repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing

or hiding any or all of this notice and © exceeding query rate or volume

limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

Registrar is UK GoDaddy, but obviously the server is not at UK GoDaddy or WOT would have known that the server was in the UK.

Guest LilBambi

Nice I like that too.

The only thing that worried me was that the location of the server was unknown. That's the only reason I posted the info.

Nice I like that too.

The only thing that worried me was that the location of the server was unknown. That's the only reason I posted the info.

If you are that paranoid, they provide a phone number and an email address straight up front and the Contact page is quite full.

$60 for a french-press coffee maker? and i wonder how "no fuss" cleanup would be.

A quick tap and a rinse is my guess looking at its construction. B)

You have to admit that coffee making has gone a bit off the wall. What ever happened to the pot the ranch hands used to put on the stove to boil up the grounds. Is it true they used to float an eggshell on top to catch up the coffee fat.

"Pot coffee" is alive and well and living is summer cottages & market square cafe tents throughout Finland.

Eggshells (and other stuff, such as yolk or fish scales) were used when coffee was too finely ground and wouldn't settle to the bottom of the pot.

Should you ever buy ground coffee here, you'll need to make a choice:

kuvakaappuu21.png

kuvakaappuu20.png

• Like 1

Cluttermagnet

Any good coffee is OK with me, but just not instant coffee.

The past 2-3 years Betty and I finally started buying whole beans and grinding them pretty fine.

I buy several types, and have worked out several nice blends with a pretty good 'full bodied'

flavor (slightly acidic overtones). We drink our coffee black.

Hi, Urmas! Nice to see you posting here. :smile2:

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Until I started to look at an alternative coffee maker I had no idea that coffee was such a complex cult type of drink. :fish:

Any good coffee is OK with me, but just not instant coffee.

isn't that redundant? :whistling:

The past 2-3 years Betty and I finally started buying whole beans and grinding them pretty fine.

[..]

Try doing a coarse grind as a change of pace. And if you have a really special coffee occasion, do 3/4 fine with 1/4 coarse.

"coarse" = you could still tell there was once a bean involved.

Blimey you lot must bathe in the stuff. I thought me Esttii cousins were coffee crazy ........... :thudna5:

Clearly they are snobs.... lol

Adam

:teehee:

Right after the second World War the approach and arrival of cargo ship called Herakles was followed daily in the Finnish newspapers. The cargo of Herakles was Brazilian coffee. After its arrival in the Finnish harbor of Turku the coffee was then rationed to the eagerly awaiting public.

Finlandia Survey No 79
Description: President Hoover in Finland. Fire at bricklayer Möttönen’s house. Ice swimming performance by swimming club Vetehiset. Motor ship Herakles arriving in Finland with a cargo of coffee. Helsinki women aviators’ fancy dress ball.

http://www.europeana...A723454135.html

Coffee ship Herakles @05:30

• Like 1

Cluttermagnet

Fascinating! You see a cluster of countries on the map, Scandinavia and the Netherlands, basically,

that really like their coffee. Something they mostly have in common is their higher latitudes. Maybe all

that coffee is somehow counteracting the deficit of Vitamin D seen in people in those areas. Especially

in winter.

All my ancestors are basically northern European types, and some of them are from those top ten

coffee drinking areas. I sure love my coffee... :blissysmile:

... or, "only" a daily staple.

List of countries by coffee consumption per capita

1 Finland	 12.0 kg
2 Norway	 9.9 kg
3 Iceland	 9.0 kg
4 Denmark	 8.7 kg
5 Netherlands	 8.4 kg
6 Sweden	 8.2 kg
... ... ...
25 United States 4.2 kg
... ... ...
44 United Kingdom 2.8 kg

:breakfast:

Presidentti J. Edgar Hoover (1895-1972) Suomessa

Huh? The US president was Herbert Hoover. Jedgar was a law enforcement type, not a very nice man, either...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

I hate to be a kill-joy, but I did read that a doctor at the Harvard School of Public Health says that coffee should always be filtered through a paper filter.

Coffee contains a substance called cafestol that is a potent stimulator of LDL cholesterol levels. Cafestol is found in the oily fraction of coffee, and when you brew coffee with a paper filter, the cafestol gets left behind in the filter. Other methods of coffee preparation, such as the boiled coffee common in Scandinavian countries, French press coffee, or Turkish coffee, are much higher in cafestol.

Huh? The US president was Herbert Hoover. Jedgar was a law enforcement type, not a very nice man, either...

:hysterical: I missed that one totally. (Nice work Clutter, now I need to wipe coffee off my display screen.)

I hate to be a kill-joy, but I did read that a doctor at the Harvard School of Public Health says that coffee should always be filtered through a paper filter.

The way I read it, s/he tells that a lot of the good taste stays in the filter. :teehee: