Mozilla Pipelining

Jeber

Has anyone tried the "pipelining" feature in Mozilla 1.3.1? I'm a coward. What does it do? Is it worth trying as a beta feature? Did it hose your system? Glad I didn't try it! ;)

nlinecomputers
Has anyone tried the "pipelining" feature in Mozilla 1.3.1?  I'm a coward.  What does it do?  Is it worth trying as a beta feature?  Did it hose your system?  Glad I didn't try it!  B)
Jeber No guts no glory. B) Pipelining is sorta like those download accelerators that increase download speed by opening multiple connections to a FTP site. This is the web browser equivalent. Try it you'll like it.

Has anyone tried the "pipelining" feature in Mozilla 1.3.1?  I'm a coward.  What does it do?  Is it worth trying as a beta feature?  Did it hose your system?  Glad I didn't try it!  :rolleyes:
Jeber No guts no glory. :D Pipelining is sorta like those download accelerators that increase download speed by opening multiple connections to a FTP site. This is the web browser equivalent. Try it you'll like it.
But the FAQ says if a server doesnt support HTTP1.1, then you'll ge an error. how many HTTP1.1 servers are out there? Did you ever get a 404 error for a valid website, or the HTTP1.1 fairly common?

nlinecomputers

I've never seen an error. All moden webservers use HTML 1.1I'm using the feature now. You can turn it on or off without a browser restart.I'm running Mozilla 1.4b. Don't know if Firebird supports this or not.

Firebird does support it.Type: "about:config" in your address bar and enter.Scroll down and double click "Pipilening" or similar and change it to "yes" or "true".I am using it too and have never run into problems so far.

Zox,Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that Firebird supported it too...If you go to the about:config as you said, it's listed as

network.http.pipelining

just set the boolean value to true and you're all set! :rolleyes: