Photo

Mozilla nears finish line for 64-bit Firefox transition

Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

Mozilla now automatically delivers the 64-bit version of Firefox to Windows users with compatible hardware, the open-source developer said this week. (Firefox can be downloaded here.)

"Users on 64-bit Windows who download Firefox will now get our 64-bit version by default," Mozilla explained in a Monday post to a company blog.

The 64-bit version of Firefox 55, which Mozilla released on Aug. 8, is now installed by default on all 64-bit hardware running a 64-bit edition of Windows. The only other requirement is that the personal computer must be equipped with at least 2GB of RAM, or system memory.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

83 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Find My Device: How Android's security service can manage your mis

Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Losing your phone is one of the most stressful predicaments of modern-day life. We've all been there: You pat your pocket, swiftly scan every surface in sight — then suddenly feel your heart drop at the realization that your Android device and all of its contents are no longer in your control.

There's certainly no scenario in which losing your phone is a good thing. But with the advanced security tools now built into Android on the operating system level, finding and managing a missing device is often — well, quite manageable. And you don't need any third-party software to do it.

Android's native Find My Device system can precisely pinpoint any Android device — phone, tablet, even Android TV box (if you somehow manage to misplace one of those?!). It'll show you the device's exact location on an interactive map and give you tools to remotely ring it, lock it or wipe it entirely and send all of its data to the digital beyond.

View the full article

44 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

The massive Android upgrade you probably didn't notice

15 Aug 2017

Do me a quick favor, wouldja? Read over this list of smartphone software improvements — using your best jeans-clad, adjective-abusing Apple-exec-at-a-keynote voice in your head — and tell me if it sounds like a significant upgrade.

Specifically, think about whether it sounds like the sort of thing that'd result in awkwardly long applause breaks as the presenter emphatically wraps up each point:

This summer's groundbreaking upgrade includes fresh features, performance enhancements and interface improvements for more than 40 core parts of your smartphone experience.

Some of the significant changes we've rolled out to every user around the world within weeks of their release:

View the full article

36 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 40 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS