crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostTemmu, on 27 November 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

indeed so.
many physicists hold to their hypothesis that all experience... is simply a subset of a larger reality, which we may not ever be able to comprehend.
in a nutshell, a religion. Just changing the G0d point.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#27 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

As per heading :- Today a pop-up loo popped up under a moped driver .resulting in some injuries to said moper. Amsterdam . As they say in Amsterdam  " That was some 2h&!T.
Linux counter no . 393441

#28 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

You don't have to mark it up to religion because you can't understand something fully.

It is a wise man that realizes he can't know everything but continues to try to learn more and more every day.

Stuff one doesn't know fully yet, is put on the back burner until or as more is able to be learned about it.

There are also many things that have already been proven by scientists that had previously been proven by scientists and now they have greater knowledge and have had to revamp their view on it....some of which was taught as fact instead of theory in school, by the way.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#29 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:47 AM

not really offbeat , at least not yet. Amazon Robots http://www.marketwat...tmas-2014-11-19
at least until SkyNet gets fully operational.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#30 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

and the movie wasn't too bad either
http://www.messyness...eSpeed=noscript

#31 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

self picking storage. very useful if you have lots of fast moving inventory.
Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

Posted Image Grand Canyon inversion

Edited by crp, 12 December 2014 - 02:44 AM.

#33 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

i love the grand canyon! i visited there just after high school, spent 3 nights, listened to ranger talks around the campfire. well-worth the effort!

(fascinating picture!)
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

https://twitter.com/...2456321/photo/1
Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

http://sploid.gizmod...s-is-1634771226

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

sapphire-colored lava!

i'm getting some for my front yard... (was going to put it in the back yard, but no one would see it...)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Linux users, meet the Penguin Galaxy:
http://lightbox.time...xies-colliding/
Registered Linux User 344759

#39 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image :breakfast:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#41 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

...hmmm... sounds about right... :D
Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

it's big, but interesting - done for the bbc.

http://i.imgur.com/iHW7Dwh.png
Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

have an extra $1000?

purchase a modified ipod v5 - 1tb (yes, 1,000gb)

http://mapplesyrup.webs.com/
Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

This puzzles me, unless the Champagne grapes region was not by the blight in the late 1800s

http://www.latimes.c...0420-story.html

#45 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image :whistling:
Install ARCH

#46 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

nice story to  a certain extent. people make a windfall of someone's ignorance of the situation and they want to share it with that someone:
http://www.zdnet.com...ple-i-computer/

#47 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:32 AM

message in a bottle

#48 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:32 AM

helpful or distracting?
http://theinspiratio...king-billboard/

#49 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:58 AM

View Postcrp, on 14 June 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

Personally I would find the bunny ears a tad distracting B)
Install ARCH

#50 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

neat!
Posted Image