• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Things have changed again! Eight months ago right about the time this movie came out, they (screenrant.com) correctly indicated that the second one would come out December 13, 2013 and the third one was to come out July 18, 2014:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters December 14th, 2012. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug hits theaters December 13th, 2013. And finally, The Hobbit: There and Back Again hits theaters July 18th, 2014.

Now everywhere is saying it won't be out till December 17, 2014!

Wikipedia doesn't even give a date in 2014:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is an upcoming 2013 epic fantasy adventure film co-written, produced and directed by Peter Jackson. It is the second installment of a three-part film series based on J. R. R. Tolkien's 1937 novel The Hobbit, beginning with An Unexpected Journey (2012) and set to conclude with There and Back Again (2014).

IMDb says The Hobbit: There and Back Again comes out December 17, 2014:

The Hobbit: There and Back Again (2014)
Adventure | Fantasy  -  17 December 2014 (USA)

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#27 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

I would be surprised if the two movies are released that closely together. I bet one will be out this Christmas, and the other next Christmas.

If they released close to each other, I bet more than a few people would wait for the DVD release and watch it at home.

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Yes, that is what I am talking about. They are doing the second one December this year (2013) and the third one December next year (2014).

Originally it was going to be third one in Summer next year (2014), but apparently they changed their collective minds on it.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#29 OFFLINE   mac

mac

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Peter Jackson has uploaded a new video blog covering the making of part 2 and some teasers about part 3:

It was uploaded on July 1st.
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#30 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Cool! A bit long for me, but I am sure others will love to watch it! I know I would love to watch it. Wish it was up here while I was at Starbucks on their wifi earlier LOL!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Bump ! As it has not been so busy on here lately I've taken to reading some of the posts and topics from wayback.
So now just to fill in even more time in the long winter evenings I've dug out the @Lord of the Rings " boxed set .
Have to admit that for me it hasn't dated . It's just as enthralling as when the movies first came out .

Yagoddaluvit :clap:
Linux counter no . 393441

#32 OFFLINE   mac

mac

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 08 November 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Bump ! As it has not been so busy on here lately I've taken to reading some of the posts and topics from wayback.
So now just to fill in even more time in the long winter evenings I've dug out the @Lord of the Rings " boxed set .
Have to admit that for me it hasn't dated . It's just as enthralling as when the movies first came out .

Yagoddaluvit :clap:
I totally agree! The wife and I watch them at least once a year. I really enjoy the "Making Of" disks to see the work that their crew put into making the movie. Capt, you might also enjoy the three Hobbit movies. They're greatly expanded from the original book, especially the final film - "The Battle Of The Five Armies". Very well done.
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#33 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the hobbit movies . I will have to get them now.
Linux counter no . 393441

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tolkien, peterjackson, movie, thehobbit, lotr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users