Oh My Gosh - Shrout is leaving

crp

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd never heard of it either. Sad.

That AMD K7 "Thunderbird" that he mentions in that article was one rockin' and rollin' processor back in the day. I still have two working ones out in my shop... and a K7 mobo, also. I'll make a project out of it one day. ;)

• Like 1

securitybreach

I'd never heard of it either. Sad.

That AMD K7 "Thunderbird" that he mentions in that article was one rockin' and rollin' processor back in the day. I still have two working ones out in my shop... and a K7 mobo, also. I'll make a project out of it one day. ;)

I had a K6 that worked great for many years....

• Like 1

My oldest AMD now is a K8 - Athlon64 X2 4600+ CPU. Still runs well for playing music or streaming Spotify. If I recall correctly I have 6GB DDR2 in it and an old 325GB HDD.

• Like 1

securitybreach

My oldest AMD now is a K8 - Athlon64 X2 4600+ CPU. Still runs well for playing music or streaming Spotify. If I recall correctly I have 6GB DDR2 in it and an old 325GB HDD.

That's nuts. I have a pentium 3 at work that I play pinball on sometimes. That is literally the only reason that it stays powered on. It's an old NEC laptop and it works beautifully running windows 95.

• Like 1

The Athlon 64 X2 machine was the very first one I got to run Linux exclusively. It never has run anything else. I remember I got it around the time Bruno was building a Core 2 Quad machine. Mine was far less powerful but it did well for me considering it was replacing an old Pentium III 866.