Photo

External, Mobile HD Best Brands?

Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Posted by JerryM in Hardware
I want a 1 TB external mobile HD to make a system image.
Are there some that are not good? I have WD and Toshiba. I have not experienced trouble.
Thanks,
Jerry

54 Views · 9 Replies ( Last reply by goretsky )

Photo

Roamin' with the GNOMEies

Yesterday, 03:37 PM

Posted by raymac46 in Bruno's All Things Linux
Funny how after 10 years with Linux you can come full circle...well almost, sorta. :yes:
When I got started with Ubuntu Dapper Drake I was using GNOME 2 and as far as I was concerned that was the Linux desktop. It was different than Windows XP but not so different that I couldn't adapt.
The hardware I was running back then was one of the final Pentium III powered desktops with a maxed out 512 MB of RAM. Wireless was a manually configured luxury - you needed to have the right chipset and know about wext and madwifi and wpa-supplicant to get it going. it broke every time you reinstalled a new version of Ubuntu.
I just got everything figured out and was happy when along came GNOME Shell - I thought that was the worst DE anyone could dream up until I saw Windows 8 - but I digress.
I quickly switched to Xfce (still love that desktop) and on more powerful hardware I used Cinnamon.
But now - on one machine at least - I'm back Roamin' with the GNOMEies.
Maybe I've gotten smarter over the years (doubtful) or maybe the GNOME Shell developers have improved matters a lot - but I don't find GNOME 3 as big of a turn-off as I did back in 2011. Certainly learning about Shell extensions has been a big plus. I have a nice dock at the bottom of the screen which hides away when I don't need it, the old familiar Applications and Places menus are back on the Panel. It's like Xfce on steroids now - even got some 3D effects. :w00tx100:
Xfce is still my choice for older hardware and I use Cinnamon for machines that Windows users may need, but for personal use on a fast laptop I am back with GNOME.

37 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

74% off Omaker M4 Portable Bluetooth Shower and Outdoor Speaker with 1

Yesterday, 05:05 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

The M4 speaker from Omaker is IP54 rated, so its rugged splash, shock and dustproof design makes it ideal for shower and outdoor use. The latest Bluetooth 4.0 technology helps it pair quickly with your device (tap-to-pair with NFC capable devices) and maintain a long 33-foot connection range. Crystal clear sound quality and robust bass is realized through a 3W audio driver and passive subwoofer. The M4 is capable of producing 12 hours of music at 80% volume, up to three times longer than similar-sized portable speakers. It  fully recharges in just 3 hours using an included Micro USB cable. The unit averages 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 5,000 people on Amazon (read reviews), many of which report sound quality that rivals more expensive speakers. Amazon indicates that its list price has been reduced significantly to just $22.99. See the discounted Omaker M4 speaker now on Amazon.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

24 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

2 members, 26 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Robert, Facebook, Bing, Yahoo, Google, arochester

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS