[ News ] Apple releases Safari 1.2

Arena2045

Monday Apple released Safari 1.2:

Safari 1.2 improves compatibility with websites and web applications by providing increased support for standards, adds support for personal certificate authentication, and works with Java 1.4.2 to enable websites that rely on LiveConnect for communication between JavaScript and Java applets.This update also provides improved application stability, full keyboard access for navigating web pages, and the ability to resume interrupted downloads.
You can update Safari via OS X's Software Update or download it via Apple's site.;) Apple - Safari:) Apple - Safari - Download

I am running 1.2 and it is more polished but can't help it, I have to run Firebird.I am addicted to Firebird and running it on Linux, Windows and on Mac.I do occasionally fire up Safari, just for some stubborn web pages that don't display very well in Firebird.Safari 1.2 is coming along just fine.I see KDE released new version 3.2 of KDE and they have Apple code in.I have yet to test it B)

Not too many people know it, but Safari's main (and maybe only?) developer is from the Mozilla project.  David HyattSee: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt/  http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/dave/
I haven't seen Hyatt do too much Moz developing recently. Does he still? Or is all his time now devoted to Safari. His blogs are still on MozillaZine, after all. :D

I think he has been spending most of his time with Safari. He spent most of his time with XUL/XBL on Mozilla; seems like working on both Mozilla and Safari (with opposite rendering cores - Gecko and KHTML, respectively) would be hard.I suppose he woul dbe devoted to Safari since Apple actually pays him.

I think he has been spending most of his time with Safari.  He spent most of his time with XUL/XBL on Mozilla; seems like working on both Mozilla and Safari (with opposite rendering cores - Gecko and KHTML, respectively) would be hard.I suppose he woul dbe devoted to Safari since Apple actually pays him.
I can see why he's spending time on Safari. Certainly Mozilla misses him, but he has done a lot, and I'm sure he will continue to do many good things. Apple/Safari is lucky to have him :D