Firefox Addons - What Are Your Favs?

V.T. Eric Layton

B22jMzc.png

Well I have not set up my temporary os (only been using it for almost a year) so have not added all the add-ons/extessions I normally use.

X-Marks is the most useful one I have which I only use for bookmarks.

:breakfast:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

With Firefox dropping support for add-ons what WebExtensions will you replace your's with?

"From Firefox 57 onwards, WebExtensions will be the only supported extension type, and Firefox will not load other types."

https://developer.mo...-US/Add-ons/SDK

Most of the ones you see there are already the newer type extensions, I believe. Regardless, since I'm running Firefox ESR 52.0.2 (64 bit) in Slackware, it'll be some time before I ever see v57.x on my system.

Actually if you don't like the anti-adblock stuff, the best way is to use Greasemonkey and Host Anti-Adblock Killer.

https://reek.github....adblock-killer/

This works a fair bit of the time to convince a website that you are NOT using Adblock Plus when you are.

As much as I like Google Chrome, I have to admit that Firefox and its Extensions work better at anti-adblock. The whole thing is sort of like a war - tanks vs machine guns vs antitank missiles.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 3

I'm running Firefox 51.0.1 in Slackware since 52 ESR dropped support for my Java plugin. And I don't see my moving past that for a long time.

Edited by Ed_P
  • Like 1

These are mine:

extensions_zpssbdn8r5r.png

I had RoboForm but it would not work in MX-16. Luckily I had kept MX-15 running so I was able to gather all my passwords and transfer them to KeePass. Did me a favor really as I think KeePass will be better for my needs. :breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm running Firefox 51.0.1 in Slackware since 52 ESR dropped support for my Java plugin. And I don't see my moving past that for a long time.

I swore off all things Java many moons ago, so I didn't have that issue that you had above when I went to 52.x. :)

I swore off all things Java many moons ago, so I didn't have that issue that you had above when I went to 52.x. :)

I see my list on those above -- but would recommend Down Them All for anybody who downloads big iso files, etc. It (transparently) starts up a scheme that breaks the file into 4 segments and gets them all at the same time. Won't hurt anything if you only connect to a service that gives you full bandwidth on a single connection. Some sites won't allow multiple connections, again not a problem.

I also add Title Save and the great Hide Tab Bar With Only One Tab -- recovers the wasted space that layout feature uses.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Self-destructing Cookies is a hand little tool. I use it mostly because it's an easy way to protect some cookies (logins) that I don't want to ever get dumped. I set FF to dump all cookie and history when I close it, so it's handy to have SDC protect the cookies I want to save with just one clicky. :)

No Script still tops my list .

Down-Them-All

ublock origin

ghostery

video download helper

screengrab

grammerly

actually realized it was pretty easy to tell which ones i liked most as i made donations for these (except grammerly).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He5HXvQ.png

I just installed the AntiAdblock killer script for Greasemonkey. Interestingly it needs to be activated to work with uBlock Origin, and while in the UBO settings I noticed that it can block Disconnect tracking lists as well! I used Disconnect for a while and don't recall problems with it but if you can use the one extension to do the job of two, I call that a win!

selectivecookiedelete does basically the same thing as Self-Destructing Cookies afaik.

uBlock Origin is a better ad blocker than AdBlock Plus using vastly less resources. Comparison - https://github.com/g...ciency-compared

I thought I was a conservative extension user. Turns out I have more than anyone else has posted so far. :rolleyes: edit - except Eric. :whistling:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, you can scratch Lastpass and Xmarks off my list above. I was having issues with a recent Lastpass update, so I aced both of their extensions and started using FF's built-in sync. :)