3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bjf123

bjf123

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:52 PM

I just came across this on Yahoo.  Thought you all might enjoy it.http://story.news.ya...tech_test_ilifeI'll probably spend the $49 as soon as I get finished upgrading my iMac from Jaguar to Panther.
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:05 PM

Cool! Thanks for sharing the article. I can see why you would want to upgrade. :whistling:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 05:13 AM

Well... I've been really busy and haven't really tried all the iLife Apps in great depth, but I must say I love the suite!First, every new shipping Mac gets the latest version of iLife free.  Minor updates are free via Software Update, and Major upgrades like the iLife '04 cost $49 for the entire suite.  And look what iLife '04 offers: GarageBand (new), iMove 4, iDVD 4 (now able to be used on Macs without SuperDrives), iPhoto 4, iTunes (free download).A few months ago, I made a cool slideshow movie with music via iMovie 3, exported it to iDVD 3, and burned a DVD that worked in every DVD player I had access to... The ease of use was amazing, and the final product looked superb.  I have plans to use the latest versions over the summer when I have more free time.Until recently I never used iPhoto to organize my images like I use iTunes to organize my huge Music collection.  I don't know why I never used iPhoto, but now I use it to organize ALL of my digital images.  The features and speed, are just amazing.I'm one of those people who sees something and drools like Homer Simpson. :lol:  When I ordered iLife '04, I also placed and order for the GarageBand Jam Pack.  Now, I will admit... "I have no professional training" :lol: when it comes to music, and my first song out of GarageBand would be either listed as "unclassifiable" or maybe "space music." :lol: I haven't had time to explore it more, but I think it's a great app.I too would also pay double for the iLife suite (read the above linked article for context)...
The Lavender ribbon symbolizes/supports Cancer Awareness - As a cancer survivor, I wear a lavender ribbon. I'm an All-Things-Apple/Mac Enthusiast... You can visit my site, and get links to all of my online profiles at: http://7nk.us/me

#4 OFFLINE   bjf123

bjf123

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:35 AM

Arena2045, on Feb 10 2004, 04:08 AM, said:

A few months ago, I made a cool slideshow movie with music via iMovie 3, exported it to iDVD 3, and burned a DVD that worked in every DVD player I had access to... The ease of use was amazing, and the final product looked superb.
I'm looking forward to doing the same thing, though without the iDVD part, since I don't have a SuperDrive in either Mac.  I got an external DVD burner for Christmas, so I'm thinking I should be able to burn the DVD using Toast.   Is it pretty straightfoward to make a slideshow movie with iMovie?  I've got a program on my PC that creates self running CD slide shows with music.  I'm looking to do the same thing on my Mac, but to a DVD instead of CD.
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users