Firefox not working right in Manjaro

mhbell

Last Night I installed Siduction LXQT, and Manjaro Cinnamon which I am using now with Chrome. When I came to the forum a few minutes ago to make a post I could not put anything in the Topic Title of the forum for a new post. I could put text in the body of the post but not in the title. I don't know if it was the forum or Firefox and Manjaro. I am in Manjaro now, but using chromium.

I am testing Siduction and Manjaro. so far I like both of them, but will have to learn a lot about manjaro. I will keep the one that is the most stable and trouble free. I would almost bet it will be Siduction.

Mel

I do not have Manjaro installed on the rails but I do have it in VirtualBox which I'm using right now. I tried a test post and I was able to put in the title OK. I updated Manjaro to the latest Firefox and other software before I tried anything.

I do not have Manjaro installed on the rails but I do have it in VirtualBox which I'm using right now. I tried a test post and I was able to put in the title OK. I updated Manjaro to the latest Firefox and other software before I tried anything.

I am in manjaro now and just tried to post again and no go as far as the Post Title goes. I will uninstall it and try again.

Mel

Just switched to Siduction and updated everything. I can type titles OK in Firefox. Again this is in a virtual machine. I have Xfce for Manjaro and LXDE for Siduction. Maybe a desktop issue?

Just switched to Siduction and updated everything. I can type titles OK in Firefox. Again this is in a virtual machine. I have Xfce for Manjaro and LXDE for Siduction. Maybe a desktop issue?

I am back in Mint right now. No problem with it or Siduction LXQT. Manjaro uses a different version of firefox and it is modified. When I try to sync all of my settings I think that or my profile might have something to do with it. I also found that it would not let me use the home page that I wanted. The version that they are using is 52.0 and they have modified it. I am going to eliminate it from my hard drive. Will play with Siduction and LXLE. I use to use siduction a long time ago. Sunrat got me started on it. I used it until they stopped suporting it. I guess now it is back in production. LoL! I will probably put MX-16 on my 4 year old laptop or else Lubuntu or LXLE. I like to play around with all of them, but some are not worth my time. to many good ones out there to waste my time on half baked ones and wanna be Devs. Guess thats the fun of Linux until it gets to be a pita.

Mel

Mint is my distro of choice, but even Mint gave me headaches with my Linux unfriendly R7 360 video card. LM 17 would not recognize the card if I used the FOSS driver, LM 18 wouldn't support the Catalyst (fglrx) driver, but the FOSS driver still didn't work. I had to stay with fglrx and LM 17 until LM 18.1 came out and even then I didn't get happy unless I did a complete new install. Now it works great with the radeon driver but it was a PITA to be sure.

I believe that if you have any sort of AMD video that is newer than the 6000 series you might get trouble with the older kernels. They have fixed it now so the new stuff like Siduction will be fine.

I have Chromium and Firefox installed on my Manjaro setup (my main work machine with Xfce). I mostly use Chromium, but I just did a quick test in Firefox and everything seems to work fine. I've had the same install on this machine for a while now (five or six months at least if my maths is right) so this could be related to the default configuration on newer images, or on the cinnamon version.

I have Chromium and Firefox installed on my Manjaro setup (my main work machine with Xfce). I mostly use Chromium, but I just did a quick test in Firefox and everything seems to work fine. I've had the same install on this machine for a while now (five or six months at least if my maths is right) so this could be related to the default configuration on newer images, or on the cinnamon version.

I installed the XFCE version and it is working. The other day when I tried with cinnamon the Sync in Firefox was not working right. Took way to long to Sync. I am liking XFCE better than Cinnamon in Manjaro. Will try it out for awhile.

Mel