New Build of Mozilla Firebird

GolfProRM

Well... the latest build of Mozilla Firebird is now called Mozilla Firebird... No more Phoenix executable or folder... Haven't gotten a chance to boot back into Windows to check it out, but will do so later...Just wanted to fill everyone in that things are changing! :DLink to latest build:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/phoenix/nightly...05-13-15-trunk/

Not today anyway... and so far, the Windows version is the only one to make the name change... The latest Linux version is Yesterday's (5/12) build.... Guessing tomorrow it'll be a whole new world :unsure:

Wowzers... This is cool... The new build seems even FASTER!! :DKeeps the same profile, so you won't have to worry about re-doing all your settings... Just delete your Phoenix folder and the new one will install in a MozillaFirebird folder...Make sure you update all your shortcuts! :unsure:

You know, I haven't had all these profile problems everyone else has. I have multiple versions of Firebird installed at parallel levels in dated folders, and I have zero problems with that.My talk with Mozilla today led me to believe that the build we are now looking at could well be the final build. If there are no problems with it, they're going to push it out the door. That's why it has Firebird naming. Asa also said if there's a problem that they may just have another build 24 hours later and push that one out.So it's VERY close now.-- Scot

I'm not having any troubles with the profiles either... In fact, I've copied my profile from my WinXP machine to my WinME machine at work, as well as my Linux installation with no problems.. :unsure: I don't think I've had to remove/reinitialize my profile since I started using this browser B) I'd be nice if they get 0.6 (milestone) out... will be a big boost to their popularity! The differences between the current build and the 0.5 milestone are huge! It's almost like using a completely different browser...

Heads Up:The newest nightly build for Linux is a little buggy. I went back to my previous nightly install of a few days ago. There were a couple of sites that it did not play well with.....NBA.com being one of them. And me being a Hoosier and all, that just will not do.

Heads Up:The newest nightly build for Linux is a little buggy. I went back to my previous nightly install of a few days ago. There were a couple of sites that it did not play well with.....NBA.com being one of them. And me being a Hoosier and all, that just will not do.
that's too bad... Windows version is cool at NBA.com... P.S. How about them Spurs!!! :rolleyes:

that's too bad... Windows version is cool at NBA.com... P.S. How about them Spurs!!! :rolleyes:
Loved seeing them Lakers go down!!!! And the Spurs did it with an EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!

Guest ThunderRiver

Downloaded and has been running it since then. Very nice one though I am in IE right now :)ThunderBird on the other hand is missing a lot of features. the Secure IMAP and Secure POP3 doesn't even work at this moment.These hackers can hack in my email box on my dead body :rolleyes:

I just can't wait for the release of the final build , have being waiting for it since 0.5 releaseespecaily when its the flag ship browser of mozilla.........group..... :)

They've got to be getting close to the "stable" release... today's Windows build is amazing! Seems even faster than before... nobody's posted any new problems on the Firebird forums, and it's been running great on my machine! I would think if this build holds up, the next day or two we should see the next milestone! If you're a nightly build user and don't have today's, get it... it is hand's down the best build since May 4 (which many people on the Firebird forum are still using).

NOTE!!! The location for the nightly builds has changed... they're no longer listed in a phoenix directory... everything is being changed to Firebird/MozillaFirebird! :DThe nightly builds can be found here.Should be close to 0.6! :(