Win7, 8.1 Move to Cumulative Updates

ebrke

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, here's a little preview of what's in store with forced updates--this month's "magic fix" update for win7, 8.1 introduces bugs that apparently make it impossible to print more than one or two documents in succession. This is something we'll get with new cumulative updates with no way to refuse it.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3107306/microsoft-windows/microsoft-admits-to-distributing-windows-printing-bugs-in-kb-3177725-and-kb-3176493.html

I'm thinking seriously of buying my mother a Chromebook. Either that or just giving up and letting MS install all their &*(&%^ telemetry patches. I can't deal with this.

I'm planning to NOT update.

I make images and if the computers goes down, I'll restore the latest image. At least I won't have to worry about installing all those Windows patches.

People are still using XP after 2 years of not patching and I haven't seen a big increase in malware on XP computers.

• Like 1