It dawned on me that in one way or other I've had Samsung "stuff" around for close to 35 years - probably as long as they have been in Canada. Mind you I got more of it in the last 10 than in the first 25. They got better, and maybe I got a bit richer. Anyway here's a capsule history:
- CD player - 1984. This was my first entry into digital music. The Japanese equipment was very expensive so I took a chance on this unknown Korean maker. The laser failed soon after I bought it though - Samsung fixed it under warranty. It still works but it's mothballed in the basement somewhere.
- 19 inch HDTV - 2007. I had to replace an old JVC CRT that fit in an entertainment center and the Samsung was the right size. It still works great even though it's 720p.
- 37 inch TV - 2009. My main TV and it's been super. I hope it keeps on forever because it's the perfect size for the corner of my family room. It's a dumb TV but has lots of inputs for Roku, DVD , cable etc.
- Blu-ray DVD player - 2010. It's a Samsung. It works. Nuff said.
- Wait for it - refrigerator - 2014. My Maytag died and I needed something fast. This Samsung has double doors, lots of room, freezer on the bottom and of course it fits in the space in the kitchen.
- 8-inch tablet -2018. As I said very nice.
Edited by raymac46, 20 July 2018 - 09:26 AM.