#51 OFFLINE   Pete!

Pete!

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

Just a thought...
Don't overlook the possibility of a loose connection.
Often when you "mess with it", you seem to get a temporary respite (until it loosens again?).

Edited by Pete!, 24 December 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#52 OFFLINE   DarkSerge

DarkSerge

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostPete!, on 24 December 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Just a thought...
Don't overlook the possibility of a loose connection.
Often when you "mess with it", you seem to get a temporary respite (until it loosens again?).

I've checked connections a few times. It was one of the first things I did when the problem first started. Re-checked everything when I put in the power supply. I always check connections when I have issues, I've even fixed a problem on old systems before because it was just a loose wire.
~DarkSerge

#53 OFFLINE   DarkSerge

DarkSerge

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

It's been almost 2 months since the last issue, and almost as long since I put in a better power supply.

For 2 months all has been quiet.  It's doing it again. The other night it locked up completely and just now it restarted all by itself in the same manner as before.

This time, I can't view the system logs. When I try to open the Event Viewer, I just get a message after a few moments saying "Microsoft Management Console has stopped working..." and it closes. I'll try a proper restart to see if that gets working.

Maybe it's time I look into replacing that hard drive with an SSD.

Edit: A full shutdown and proper restart didn't get the Event Viewer to work. Still crashed. I looked at my notes, today's exactly 2 months since the last crash/random restart.

Edited by DarkSerge, 09 February 2018 - 05:10 PM.

~DarkSerge

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users