Please say thanks to Striker !!

Bruno

Let us say thanks to Striker who has been an excellent moderator for the ATL. He asked us to accept him stepping down because of health reasons . . . We are very sad to see him go, he has been a great help.Striker will have the title honorary moderator from now on.B) Bruno

Let us say thanks to Striker who has been an excellent moderator for the ATL. He asked us to accept him stepping down because of health reasons . . . We are very sad to see him go, he has been a great help.Striker will have the title honorary moderator from now on.B) Bruno
Thank you striker for all the help you have given to me as I learn more about Linux. I hope you can continue to visit the forum when time permits.

So sorry you have health problems, striker.Your posts are fantastic for troubleshooting and you are always around to serve as a guinea pig for a linux experiment.

jimtheplanner

Striker - sorry your stepping down. Myself; someone who describes himself as a "dabbler" in the linux game. I would like to thank you for all your help & above all encouragement in helping me crack a problem or two or three over the years.I think

Striker will have the title honorary moderator from now on
Is well justified B) Best wishesJimps Hope your health improves

StrikerThank you SO much for all the help given to ALL not just me - BUT HEALTH is the most important at any point in time.I hope life turns a positive corner in the HEALTH Field Cheers for yearsColin B)

Thanks friends. Yes, the health problems are serious. It is as if my head is exploding for headaches, there's no medicine we know of which helps, not even morfine. Fifteen minutes at the max is all I can do at the computer, but that already gives me these pains. I've had these for years but they're getting worse.Scans and all other medical examinations didn't reveal what is wrong. It seems the doctors are on a dead track. When I get glasses this week, within three or four weeks I need new ones because the eye sight changed that much. I have to wait at least for another six weeks for the next episode of medical checks. Well, in the meantime I always can burn a pile of linux distros for the give away in the hospital, you never know if they keep me there.Anyway, it has been a good time at the ATL, I didn't have to mod that much here because we're a behaving bunch of people, aren't we? So let's be the same bunch of behaving people in the future too, now Urmas takes over.From time to time I might take a peek over here to see what's up, so you'll see me then. Striker ain't gone yet!Again thanks for all the wishes, thank you's, cooperation and of course the fun and a warm feeling, appreciated very much!(thanks Rons!) B)

Guest LilBambi

Keep your chin up striker! So sorry to hear that the medical problems have gotten worse. That is sad news indeed. I hope they figure out what the problem is so they can fix it.Welcome to the Honorary Mods!You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

yes indeed, thank you very much striker, for all the great help. sorry to hear about the health. i hope and pray that things start getting better.

:thumbsup: Sorry to hear about you stepping down as an ATL mod.Best wishes to you (that the medical community will find something that helps).Cheers and Best Wishes.

V.T. Eric Layton

THANK YOU, Striker... for the many, many times you've helped me and for the many helpful links that you've posted here for all of us at ATL. Here's a wish that your health mends/improves and that life treats you right. Don't be a stranger to ATL. We would miss you too much. :thumbsup:~Eric

Striker ain't gone yet! :D
Let's keep it that way, shall we... otherwise, there's a wee problem:
...now Urmas takes over...
Riiiiiiiight:sshoeskz3.gif :thumbsup: But... hey Striker... what I meant to say is this:
Wir waren lebhaft, laut und unruhigtja - gesunde Kinder mit dem richtigen Kick!Du hattest dafür Verständnis und hast kaum geklagtund dafür sei dir herzlich DANKE gesagt.
:thumbsup:

Hallo striker :) Thank you for all the help you've given me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and all of us that use the forum :D :thumbsup: Sorry to read that your medical woes are so invasive. I do hope that a good solution is found soon. All I can suggest is that you might try a second or third opinion. This worked for me - turned out I had been "over-medicated" and that the treatment was causing most of the problems :'( Grogerf

Striker I am SO sorry that you are unwell - headaches are truly the pitts. I do hope the docs can find a solution for you and give you some relief.Your input here is legendary and I, for one, have learned a lot from you. Many thanks :)

Frank Golden

Thank You Striker, You have been a great help to me also. Hope they can figure out what is wrong and finally bring you some relief.

Striker....I am truly sorry to hear of your health issues .. You have helped me on many occasions and I certainly appreciated it ... I will miss your help/advice .. but health problems are of utmost importance .. take care of yourself .. and keep us all updated ... good luck..Dale...

Striker,I wish you all the best in your endeavors. I don't post that often but I do read the info and you have helped me plenty of times in my quest! :) Good luck and all the best,Reg Anderson

Cluttermagnet

Striker-You have helped me so very much. It is a little challenging for the newcomer to make those first few, tentative steps in Linux. I'll always remember your good- natured sharing of experience. You have made it so much more fun! Above all, I hope we continue to see your presence in the Forum for a long time to come. You did great, guy! You're a very good example of an effective moderator. :) Now, regarding your present situation, I am going to file a sort of 'minority report' here. Kudos to western ('allopathic') medicine- we all owe them a lot! But at the same time, 'medicine' has largely lost its way IMO. My prayer is that you will be OK and that they are able to improve your condition- but more important, that they at least don't hurt you any further. It sounds like, to them, a cure is doubtful. Heck, they can't even agree what your problem is.My humble suggestion: I suspect a 'cure' does indeed exist, but that you may find it just outside the bounds of traditional medicine. Those guys like to treat disease. When it comes to health and wellness, they really haven't a clue. I'm referring here to a good alternative available to you- the 'naturopathic' area. Now, naturopathy very much threatens these pill- pushing, knife- happy 'disease curers'. They are engaged in a desperate, pitched battle, worldwide, to stamp out these millenia old natural practices. And to the detriment of mankind, they are largely winning at present. This is highly ironic, as their vast pharmacopoeia includes many highly refined, often dangerous concentrations of safe, traditional natural herbal remedies having well established good track records, plus many other dangerous synthetic variants. And it is true you have to do a lot of research to sort the wheat from the chaff in naturopathy, but nonetheless, I have become convinced beyond doubt that this field holds a lot more promise for wellness than traditional medicine. Weed out the obvious crazies, and I have become convinced that what remains from that sifting is the set of those practitioners who are often best able to actually help. I'm available if you ever wish to discuss alternatives in detail. No, I'm not any sort of 'practitioner', just an independent thinker and informed layman- and no, I have no financial connections with any of these fields. Ultimately, you will have to research and reach your own conclusions, but I believe help for you and me and many others, is indeed out there. My initial suggestion: you can take back some of the control you have ceded to others (doctors, etc.) and perhaps see near- immediate improvement. And you can do this without abandoning traditional 'medicine' at all (for now). And what you could do, short term, may help and certainly would not hurt. One area I'd suggest you look into is known as "EFT" (Emotional Freedom Technique). I notice Gary Craig's website is presently holding 2nd place if you Google EFT. Not bad. This is no flash in the pan, I suspect. There is growing activity and enthusiasm around this technique worldwide. "Energy meridians"- have you ever heard of them? Learn and prosper. BTW he freely publishes the technique on the net. You can learn it for free; you apply it to yourself. You are the best arbiter as to whether or not it is working, and how best to apply it. A bit of work, learning and effectively applying it, but well worth the time IMO. If you want, you can go on to buy further information from Gary, and even services from many others, but you can definitely learn enough on your own, absolutely free! Check it out...My parting thought, in reference to western medicine:

Definition of insanity:To keep doing the same old things and yet expect different results
Be well, friend...Clutter Edited by Cluttermagnet

jmjlinux586

Thanks Striker for your good work.Sorry to hear about your health issues.I hope you get well soon, and they findthe answer for your health problem.My wife has many health issues, and itis a battle for her also.Best wishes Striker.

Let us say thanks to Striker who has been an excellent moderator for the ATL. He asked us to accept him stepping down because of health reasons . . . We are very sad to see him go, he has been a great help.Striker will have the title honorary moderator from now on.:hysterical: Bruno
Sorry to hear about your health issues. You have helped me many times in the past and I look forward hearing from you as your health allows. Many thanks.Lew

Striker,Your posts and advice has helped me all the way in what is now my 3rd year with Linux.Thank you - I wish you all the best

Indeed, striker, severe headaches can be a debilitating health issue. In my case, I was one of the lucky people able to get relief from a new migraine medication about 15 years ago, and the problem eventually passed. I hope a solution arrives for you also. Meantime, take good care of your self and try not to let it get you down. We'll miss you!

Edited by ebrke