Pale Moon Version 27.0.0 Released with Security Updates

Corrine

Pale Moon has been updated to Version 27.0.0. This is a major release.

As explained in the Release Notes, Version 27 is a full upgrade of the back-end platform. This means that many things work different "under the hood". As a result, you may run into a number of extension compatibility issues and may wish to run the v27 Compatibility Checking Tool. Also note the "Removed/support features" in the Release Notes, which includes the removal of support for Windows XP.

Security highlights from the Release Notes:

All relevant security fixes up to and including Firefox 50 have been ported across from Mozilla to continue to provide an as secure as possible browser.

Several libraries have been updated to their latest versions to pick up any important vulnerability fixes.

There's a new option and control to determine whether to save zone information (marking files as "downloaded from the Internet") on downloaded files (Windows+NTFS). You can find this in Options.

the lack of addon capabilities is getting in the way. Down-Them-All? Nope. Ghostery? Nope. etc etc.

Major problem seems to be that MoonChild put something in PaleMoon's UID that has everyone thinking it is FF27.

Edited by crp

I tried Cyberfox portable on my desktop computer. I like it. Unfortunately when I checked to see if there were updates this morning, I was told I'd need NET 4 something. Only one of the four Win 7 computers in the house is running NET 4.5 something; all the others I've kept at 3.5 fully patched.

I might try it on the laptop that has NET 4.

• Like 1