ZorinOS

zlim

I want to have a look at Zorin but I'm not ready to do an installation.

I'm unclear if this can be run as a Live distro. I looked around the forum and read some posts but still don't have it figured out. If anyone knows, please give me a definite Yes or No answer, I would be grateful for the info.

As usually happens, I spend hours searching unable to find an answer. After I post, I find an answer in a matter of minutes!

From here http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin

it says Live Medium so I guess I can run it from a USB stick with persistence.

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1

I ran Zorin from a usb and it worked ok. I also installed it and it ran for a week or so then some update crashed it so I gave up. Installed Makulu Mate which I thought was a much nicer experience all round. :breakfast:

• Like 2

Yes, Zorin can be run as Live Media. Not sure about persistence, but I've never setup a persistent stick; you know way more about that than I do. Also, if you're going to run Zorin as Live Media, I would recommend you look into Zorin Lite, as that is an LXDE-based distro rather than Gnome-based (Zorin is Gnome based). I actually like the Zorin Lite distro better, but that's just me. Unless you need something specific that only Zorin can provide, the LXDE based Zorin Lite should also run better from a Live stick! JMO...