Photo

interesting microsoft sale

Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Posted by crp in All Things Windows
i know surface pro is hardware but since it is intimately connected to msWindows and i really wasn't interested in having a "discussion" about the merits of using a windows pc vs mac machine vs linus pc ,
i am puting it here:
https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

i5 Surface Pro 6 with 8G RAM and 128GB SSD for $800.

seems to me to be a terrific deal, but not sure. is it still overpriced as compared to similar windows devices?
comparison shopping on these things is so complicated, especially with the tight deadlines.

ps: yes, i spelled it 'linus' on purpose. stop yelping about gnu  Mr Stallman. :devil:

83 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by goretsky )

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Critical Security Update

Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Posted by Corrine in Security & Networking
Adobe has released Version 31.0.0.153 of Adobe Flash Player and AIR for Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS. These updates address a critical vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player 31.0.0.148 and earlier versions.  Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution in the context of the current user.  

Technical details about this vulnerability are publicly available.

Release date:  November 20, 2018
Vulnerability identifier: APSB18-44
Platform:  Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS

Update:
Security Bulletin
Release Notes

127 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

MP3 Burning Glitch

18 Nov 2018

Posted by mhbell in Bruno's All Things Linux
I have a couple of hundred MP3's on DVD's and a hard drive. Today I went to Burn some mp3's to a DVD and kb3 says I need a mad library I installed what I could find and still won't work says need a decoder and some other stuff. I tried brasero and it wont burn mps'3 either. I can burn them to a data disc but not as a sound or music disk. I am using mint 19 maybe some nonfree files are missing. any suggestions?
Mel
Here is what I get in K3B

MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
K3b could not load or find the MP3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from MP3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include MP3 support for legal reasons.
Solution: To enable MP3 support, please install the MAD MP3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD MP3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of MP3 support via an online update tool.

264 Views · 10 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 54 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Lost

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS