Photo

qemu magic! another wow moment

Today, 11:17 AM

Posted by wa4chq in Bruno's All Things Linux
Greetings....

I've been wanting to do VirtualBox again but didn't want to try and install it with the Slack pkgs....so I remembered some of you using QEMU.  I searched the Slackware 14.1 repository, downloaded and installed qmenu and aqemu.  Aqemu is a graphical interface to QEMU and KVM emulators.  I made a directory called "virtual" and copied a few iso's I had to that new directory.  Back at the terminal I entered "agemu" and viola! I'm seeing something similar to virtualbox.  Only problem was I hadn't a clue as to what needed to be done in order to get a virtual machine up and running.  So I searched youtube.....one of the hits brought me to https://www.youtube....h?v=JvkL3B475cE.  In his example he doesn't use aqemu.  What he did was:
qemu -hda virtualdisk.img -cdrom *.iso -boot d
I tried that but get an error message saying I didn't have qemu!  I did have qemu-kvm, so I tried:
qemu-kvm -hda virtualdisk.img -cdrom *.iso -boot d
And voila DSL booted up!  Cool!!  Now I just need to learn how to get control of my mouse when I end a session!  lol

update:  Just discovered how to get control of my mouse.....
alt-ctrl-g

17 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

Pale Moon Version 28.0.0 Released

Today, 11:56 AM

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
Pale Moon version 28.0.0 has been released.  This release is a new major milestone in Pale Moon's release history.

Release Notes

2 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Full Throttle Remastered

Today, 03:47 AM

Posted by abarbarian in Bruno's All Things Linux
Full Throttle Remastered

The Best Is Now Better by GWhizYMe
I have loved this game since it first came out in 1995. It’s the perfect guy adventure with action, humor and a kick a** soundtrack. It’s the best point and click adventure that LucasArts made. The voice acting is superb, from the late great Roy Conrad as Ben to the always amazing Mark Hamill as the evil Ripberger. Fans of The Simpsons and Futurama might recognize the voices of Tress MacNeill and Maurice LaMarche. I was very excited when I learned about the remastered version of this game and preordered it immediately. I love the new enhancements. The graphics are greatly improved without losing the style and feel of the original. I also love the extras, including the commentary and artwork. I highly recommend this game for everyone that wants a fun time.

A super fun game, I would have paid full price for it but luckily I got it for next to nowt in a sale.

Runs very well indeed on Arch. I do have to set up "Full Screen" in the options every time I fire it up otherwise it plays in a window. There may be a work around but I have not looked for one.

:breakfast:

33 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 59 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS