• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• amenditman

• sunrat

• abarbarian

I'll start.

The first athletic support, 'The Cup', was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

That means it only took 100 years for male hockey players to realize that their brain was important also.

Disclaimer: I played a lot of hockey growing up. We didn't start wearing helmets until well after 1974, when we started playing in organized leagues.

Edited by amenditman
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

dgaf-friday-10.jpg

This reminds me of a funny real story. My uncle was a city bus driver in Tampa for many years back in the late 40s and through the 50's (he later became a Greyhound driver and retired as president of their Teamsters affiliated union). Anyway, there is/was an area of Tampa called "Gary" at one time. The area is still there, of course, but most younger folks have no idea that it was once called Gary. Anyway, my uncle filled in for another driver one day on the Grand Central to Gary route. A regular rider, a lady, entered the bus and asked my uncle, "Are you Gary?" He was alleged to have replied, "No, ma'am. I'm Peter. Gary is off today." ;)

• Haha 1

V.T. Eric Layton

lick for bigger

Well, now that I've gotten slobber all over my monitor, I realize that this must have been a mis-type.

clipart-teasing-tongue-smiley-emoticon-512x512-0c82.png

Shared by Esther Schindler on Google+ today.

Q: How many technical support personnel does it take to change a light bulb?

A: We have an exact copy of the light bulb here, and it seems to be working fine. Can you tell me what kind of system you have? OK. Now, exactly how dark is it? OK. There could be four or five things wrong... Have you tried the light switch?

http://www.theinquir...nexus-4-support

I mean, seriously? this isn't a prank to build an OS for just 2 defunct devices?

No, there is a huge WebOS community worldwide. It was the best tablet/touch OS I have ever used. iOS and Android could learn a lot from them about interface design. Plus, it's open source, so they could just steal any idea they liked.
  • Like 1

securitybreach

for just 2 defunct devices?

I beg to differ on the Nexus 4. It has a quad core snapdragon cpu with 2gb of ram (basically what brand new phones come with). It is a little over 2 years old but very fast and powerful. I plan on getting the Nexus 6 but the N4 is a powerhouse.

• 2 weeks later...