Snow Leopard Seeds Use 32bit Kernel, Drivers by Default

striker

Guest LilBambi
That table above might be a bit cryptic, but it's technically pretty simple. Only Macintosh machines with a 64bit EFI are able to boot the 64bit Snow Leopard kernel and kexts; this is an artificially implemented limitation by Apple, as 32bit EFI can boot a 64bit kernel just fine. On top of that, even if your MacBook has a 64bit EFI, you will only be able to boot the 32bit version of Snow Leopard - again because of an artificial limitation by Apple for MacBooks. Probably the harshest consequence of this is that the original Mac Pro, discontinued January 8, 2008, cannot boot the 64bit kernel and drivers.
hmmmm

I just bought the MacBook Pro with anti-glare as I am a programmer not a photo/video editor.I ran the command line in the link above and I got EFI64. Nice to know but I understand the point of waiting for 64 bit drivers and such. Like we all waited for Microsoft. BTW, I am still running Windows on my PC and don't plan to let it go anytime soon.