STOP WAR!!!

Why is nobody talking of war? Common guys, pay some homage to the war-affected people. I am not taking Bush's or Saddam's side, but I think for one man's wish, whole nation can't be hold hostage. Be it any man.Whatya say?

I say I am so sick of the war and all the coverage that I am trying to run away from it.Wherever I turn, TV, radio, internet, newspapers, streets, etc... everyone talks about war, and to my disgust it is mostly commercialization of war at least on media.I am trying to avoid any discussion about war hanging on techy online forums, but I guess there is no place to hide :)

My background is military intelligence (no, not always an aximoron) and that tends to be one branch of the service that gives you the chance to make use of a fascination with human nature in military settings. If the world is ever to become more democratic overall, the majority must control the dangerous-to-all minorities who do not contribute to the betterment of all. The trickle-down theory suggests that this weeding out of the "weakest" in a national context soon becomes attacking that "weird guy down the street" with baseball bats. Or there's the trickle-up theory. Perhaps intolerence on a local level soon influences the nation's leaders. We have been swinging through another period of conservatism, and you can see it reflected on the evening news from Iraq to the USA. I'm also uneasy with the inequality in sophistication between our two nations.

If the world is ever to become more democratic overall, the majority must control the dangerous-to-all minorities who do not contribute to the betterment of all.
That's the very truth of it all... and to be honest if you look at the make up of the UN it consists of many countries that are totalitarian dictatorships, many oif whom do not want to "share" their power but rather use what they have to take power from others (such as the us) and impose their radical ideals on others... I can't tell you how many times they want the US to accept the "World Court" or try to impose some "tax on us the US. Both of which goes against our constitution..
Or there's the trickle-up theory. Perhaps intolerence on a local level soon influences the nation's leaders
There's plenty of examples of this going on right here in the US, Non-smokers vs Smokers; Gun owners versus Gun Control Freaks... (While I currently do not own a gun I DO support the right to own and bear one.)
We have been swinging through another period of conservatism, and you can see it reflected on the evening news from Iraq to the USA
It's about time... look at what's been happening to the family unit and the morals of the country for so long... this PC stuff is for the birds... and the media is NOT conservative by any means, they are whole-heartedly liberal.
I'm also uneasy with the inequality in sophistication between our two nations.
Why should it be our problem... Our country has been in existance for less than 250 years which is considerably short compared to many other countries of the world... Why is it that we are the only world power left? Possibly because we are a FREE nation? We have a strong voice in who is elected? We do NOT HAVE a military state? We do NOT live in fear of the leaders of our country, as for example the Iraqi people have for so long? I saw a clip on the news where the iraqi people were celebrating and excited that the US and coalition were going to free them.I support the troops, thw war, and Bush...I'm stepping off my soap box now... I come here to read and talk about computers and OS's and stuff like that... there are many other places where politics and such would be better suited...

Pleasant reading above.If "They" are not concerned with the imbalance of capability between the US and others ( their statements seems to indicate that they are not), then why should we?I am soooo tired of listening to these HOODLUMS squawking about the United States, (the "great Satan"), etc, that I could just vomit. They sound like the bullies that I ran into in my adolescence (and pre-adolescence). One thump, and they run for cover.Historically, I have not been a hawk, but I am prepared now to support thumping them one by one by one until they get the message that they can play nice or bounced off the playground, HARD, if necessary.

Guest Paracelsus
there are many other places where politics and such would be better suited...
I could not have said it better myself!!!
Bravo!... Mike and Stryder,While we all have strong opinions on a variety of subjects... And there is nothing wrong with argument & debate, (and understanding that this area is open to all topics) so long as we remain Civil, Courteous, and Respectful of differing opinion. However...Insofar as this is a relatively new Forum, I believe we should allow a wee bit more time, so as to permit a greater sense of "Community" and "Camraderie" to grow, before delving into matters such as Politics, Religion, or even World Events.These are Tinder Boxes :D Fewer topics are as divisive... Even among Friends & Family.As Always... "The Preceeding is One Man's Opinion... your Mileage May Vary"

Paracelsus, I agree with your points and do hope that a spirit of community will prevail here. I can't help but chuckle though when I read posts discussing OS's, video cards, anti-virus programs, etc., and read passionate discources, even some flames, on these topics. Some people just get crazy about anything. The ability to carry on a reasonable discussion, supported by facts and examples, regarding anything, geeky or not, is what defines polite social interaction. I would hope that whatever the subject, we would post with civility in mind.Now I think I'll go help my brother learn how to plug his speakers into his computer :o then check out some of the other threads. Peace to all.

For some spastic reason I can't get the URL to my website to grab the right gif. It should be smaller, but not any prettier. Thanks to Adobe; Photoshop got rid of that number plate on my chest very nicely.

Guest ThunderRiver

Well, you know.. while the war is going on, U of Michigan is fighting over the affirmative actions. There are alot of things going on around the campus actually, and it seems to be quite political active, and quite anti-Bush regarding his opinion on University admisstion policy.Of course some are against the war, and some are for it, so it is kind even I guess.3e894fabc2e78-87-1.jpgAP PHOTO Barbara Grutter, left, Jennifer Gratz and Patrick Hamacher, who are suing the University over its race-conscious admissions policies, speak to reporters at the conclusion of a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington yesterday.

I gotta tell you I don't have too many buttons but we sure are batting a thousand here... I'll refrain from commenting on how I truely feel about Quota's/Affirmative Action as I've seen some really poor choices made due to these issues...<Sigh!> <Deep Breath>--

If anyone is interested in a forum that deals mainly with issues of a political nature, try this one out:Senate SimulationIt's a website that basically simulates the US Senate, but it also has a forum called the Grille where people post on all sorts of issues pertaining to the issues of the day.Just an FYI in case anyone is interested...

I hate it when we go to war, thats all you hear about on tv. And I personaly think where going over there for reasons the genreal public hasn't been told about. My 2cnets