• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 02:47 AM

The program is done, you must press a button...Why Finnish?why not, Swedish, Polish or American??Just a thought  :lol:
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:23 AM

You know, Temmu, you've inspired me to take another look at those common things around me.  You're absolutely correct.  There are a whole bunch of things going on here I don't understand like I thought I did.  Look at that keyboard.  There's a button that says "enter" with an arrow, pointing at...?  Not a door!  I mean, there's a little window in that direction, but no door.  Who enters through a window, except a criminal?  You enter through a door, and there ain't no door.

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher, an idiotĚ
(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#3 OFFLINE   Stryder

Stryder

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:44 AM

What about the monitor?

#4 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 11:09 AM

stryder - yes, indeed!  perhaps it's monitoring you!jeber - as much as i've used the kbd, i've never seen it that way...and what about 'do you want to restart your computer now?'  c'mmon now! no, i really don't.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 12:07 PM

And who could forget that "Start" button!Start ... to shutdown! And who could forget when they started that campaign how they ruined the song "Start Me Up" by linking it to this stupid campaign in the first place.  :) Start what? A revolution on some of the most obnoxious names for buttons? It gets my vote :D And what about the mouse?Who ever thought up using the word mouse, anyway? A rodent to move your cursor around the screen? What, just because it has a tail (the most annoying part of a computer mouse, BTW) and little white mice are so cute? Besides in most cases computer mice are too big to be mice, more like small rats...but that wouldn't be as 'warm and fuzzy' now would it  :)  :)  :)  :)  :D  :)  :)  :)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#6 OFFLINE   Montana

Montana

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 01:30 PM

Temmu, on Apr 8 2003, 01:47 AM, said:

Just a thought  :D
Temmu, do us all a favor and stop thinking. J/K! Really, I did think you were just a bad speller when I first read the thread title. :blink:Jeber, from the looks of your avy, I suspect you first had issues with the double arrows on the evil left-handed Tab key...the Enter key was simply the last straw, er, stroke.

#7 OFFLINE   ilantech

ilantech

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 02:57 PM

LilBambi, on Apr 8 2003, 11:07 AM, said:

And what about the mouse?Who ever thought up using the word mouse, anyway? A rodent to move your cursor around the screen? What, just because it has a tail (the most annoying part of a computer mouse, BTW) and little white mice are so cute? Besides in most cases computer mice are too big to be mice, more like small rats...but that wouldn't be as 'warm and fuzzy' now would it
hi would you prefer " pointing device " that was the name of the first mouse in the xerox company it was 10 cm by 8 cm ,2cm high black & boxyit was stolen  :D by aple & later was "included" in MS :D  Windows

#8 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:24 PM

ilantech --OK, you are right! ... I take it back! hehehehehe!  :D
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#9 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 02:40 AM

hey, montana!  i don't think... all this just sorta flows...with such abundance, i'm afraid you-all will havta get used to it   B)
Posted Image

#10 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:20 PM

it is spelt as finish.. you had one more "n" in there...

#11 OFFLINE   dicknite

dicknite

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:03 PM

I can't remember the program - it was in DOS days - but in the manual, it said, "Enter your data and press the Left Arrow key."  Hmm, there's 4 left arrow keys on MY keyboard...I need one of those computers like they have on Star Trek - just talk to it and it understands - even sarcasm! ;)d|:^)Dick

#12 Guest_ComputerBob_*

Guest_ComputerBob_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:25 PM

Jeber, on Apr 8 2003, 02:23 AM, said:

Who enters through a window, except a criminal?
Steven Wright used to tell audiences, "I was born by cesarian section. Now I always leave my house through the window."

#13 OFFLINE   jbredmound

jbredmound

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:39 PM

Hey Jeber! When I click start, I have the option to "log off". Here we go again...! Or, I can simply "restart"...making me wish sometimes that life was like a computer.  :unsure: or, at least, it had an edit button...

#14 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:36 PM

jbredmound, on Apr 9 2003, 10:39 PM, said:

Hey Jeber! When I click start, I have the option to "log off". Here we go again...! Or, I can simply "restart"...making me wish sometimes that life was like a computer.  :unsure: or, at least, it had an edit button...
Mm.. why would you want "log off" and "restart" feature in your life? Sounds freaky to me

#15 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:40 PM

Somehow, I feel this topic doesn't belong to the Q&A nor Windows forum, so I am moving it to WaterCooler. Let me know if you feel unahppy about it, but by doing so, please explain why it should stay where it was.It is not really a technical question, and certainly, it has nothing to do with Windows much.  It is more like something to do with "wording" that people are having fun with. ThunderRiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users