And we brought a few friends! Time to stress test Scot's web host! Yay!  :huh:

#2 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:36 PM

:huh: Now Come-on… Why did you have to tell Scot our EVIL plan!?!? [evil laugh]  :huh:
The Lavender ribbon symbolizes/supports Cancer Awareness - As a cancer survivor, I wear a lavender ribbon. I'm an All-Things-Apple/Mac Enthusiast... You can visit my site, and get links to all of my online profiles at: http://7nk.us/me

#3 OFFLINE   Patrick

Patrick

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:41 PM

*hiding bolt cutters and duct tape*Evil plan? What evil plan? I don't know nuthin' about no evil plan :huh:

#4 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:52 PM

How kewl...just like Lockergnome only purple!  Good, I need some way to tell where I am. :huh:   I can even use the same avatar.  Confusion sure to follow.  (no really, I like this format.  Consistancy between the two forums I'll no doubt spend a lot of time in is a good thing)

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher, an idiotť
(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#5 OFFLINE   Montana

Montana

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:53 PM

Patrick, on Mar 18 2003, 10:41 PM, said:

*hiding bolt cutters and duct tape*Evil plan? What evil plan? I don't know nuthin' about no evil plan :huh:
And I'm the whiney biatch who will reveal any future evil plans...at a later time...& FOR MY OWN CONVENIENCE! So no talkin' behind my back ya' hear? If ya do, I probably won't realize it and will just have to make something up in order to raise a ruckus. Have a nice day. Mooooo. Hum, I mean Mooohaha...erm...you know what I mean, that evil laugh thingy.  :huh:

#6 OFFLINE   LadyL

LadyL

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 12:21 AM

I'm here too...and I see my g/f Montana is here too... :rolleyes:So far just doing a bit of reading...looks good!  :huh: Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Montana

Montana

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 12:51 AM

LadyL, on Mar 18 2003, 11:21 PM, said:

I'm here too...and I see my g/f Montana is here too... :huh:
LOL, y'all excuse me while I do the little girlie thing and giggle & scream hysterically while jumping up & down in greetings to a friend from another forum far, far away. Well, maybe not that far away...just a page or two back from where I am now.  :huh:

#8 OFFLINE   quark

quark

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 01:45 AM

WTFNEWBIE?????????? :huh:

#9 OFFLINE   SloHands

SloHands

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 01:46 AM

This may get real interesting. LOL

#10 OFFLINE   Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:18 AM

I am new here, just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope to learn whatever I can! :ph34r:

#11 OFFLINE   LadyL

LadyL

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 09:25 AM

Yes...friends from various other Forums gather  :D  ...of course when one is a subscriber to Scot's newsletter and states that his Forum is open for business...watch out!  :D  :D  :D Now SloHands...you be the same friend from BBT?  :ph34r:  ...good taste in reading material! :D Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Ugly

Ugly

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 09:50 PM

Instead of Newcomer, how about just call me Fishy Cool Bird instead? Ah, I mean please?

#13 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:41 PM

Hey Patrick (and friends)…Now why did you go ahead with the plan???  :rolleyes:  I thought we agreed that cutting the cord between Scot’s forum and his host was a bad idea. ;) Scot I’m glad that you have fixed the problem with your web host.
The Lavender ribbon symbolizes/supports Cancer Awareness - As a cancer survivor, I wear a lavender ribbon. I'm an All-Things-Apple/Mac Enthusiast... You can visit my site, and get links to all of my online profiles at: http://7nk.us/me

#14 OFFLINE   Scot

Scot

Administrator

• Forum Admins
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:47 PM

Thanks, Arena2045. :rolleyes: Me too. It was sorta a rough go there. Patrick, Montana, and the whole wrecking crew are good, very good ...  ;)-- Scot
Scot Finnie, Business & Technology Writer, Editor (that's me in the upper left corner)

#15 OFFLINE   LadyL

LadyL

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:52 PM

Posted ImageI am glad also that it got fixed!  :rolleyes:

#16 OFFLINE   Scot

Scot

Administrator

• Forum Admins
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 04:45 PM

Thanks!Listen, I think folks are bridling a bit about the hokey Post Title/Rank names, like "newbie" and "newcomer." I know I'm supposed to be the wordsmith, but I am w-i-d-e open to suggestions from any of you smart ones about how I should rename these doodads.I mean, I gave some thought to Fishy Cool Bird, but decided, eh, mebbe not. Still, I very much appreciated the thought!- Scot
Scot Finnie, Business & Technology Writer, Editor (that's me in the upper left corner)

#17 OFFLINE   Stryder

Stryder

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:17 PM

scot, on Mar 20 2003, 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks!Listen, I think folks are bridling a bit about the hokey Post Title/Rank names, like "newbie" and "newcomer." I know I'm supposed to be the wordsmith, but I am w-i-d-e open to suggestions from any of you smart ones about how I should rename these doodads.I mean, I gave some thought to Fishy Cool Bird, but decided, eh, mebbe not. Still, I very much appreciated the thought!- Scot
Well, lol, a new person could be a "Scotie". Then you progress to a "Scotsman". And finally an "Elder Scot".  :rolleyes: I personally think you are between a rock and a hard place. When it comes to using those labels, there is no way you will ever please all the people. Maybe their is an option to allow people to choose their own, if that is a direction you want to go.

#18 Guest_Paracelsus_*

Guest_Paracelsus_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Stryder...Well, lol, a new person could be a "Scotie". Then you progress to a "Scotsman". And finally an "Elder Scot". ;)
Being "50-proof" Scots (NO!... it isn't Scotch.  That's for things, like candy and Shortbread, not people) myself... I vote for that!!Perhaps something in a different language?Neophyte - LatinNovitiate - FrenchOh!!... Any Trekkies in our ranks know the Klingonese equivilant??  (Though it probably sounds NASTY) :rolleyes:

#19 OFFLINE   Scot

Scot

Administrator

• Forum Admins
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:25 PM

(NO!... it isn't Scotch. That's for things, not people)
Hey, why d'ya think my name is "Scot"? My dad was 100 proof, making me 50 proof too. "Finnie" is Scots.When I was at PC/Computing magazine, the joke was that if I were ever to develop a theme for myself, it should probably be as a wild-eyed "mad scientist." (I think that might be because I "torture" tested notebook PCs by putting them in hardware store paint can mixers, and stuff like that, but I'm not sure.)So, anyway, we could add that to my Scottish heritage and get:Wee ScottieWild Hair ScotsoMad Hatter ScotsmanandCap'n, I Canna Hold 'Er Any Longer!... eh, mebbe not.Wait, Trekkies? Trekers? Man, I'm confused ... ouch!-- Scot

#20 OFFLINE   henderrob19

henderrob19

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:22 PM

Hope cutting his cord didn't hurt too much!  Just go easy now, Scot.

#21 OFFLINE   jbredmound

jbredmound

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:41 AM

I have reported you all the the Dept. of Homeland Security. You are obviously terrorists, bent on taking down a free-speech forum that is essential to national security.Just as soon as we have some troops available (you are in line right after N. Korea), YOU ARE GOING TO BE SORRY.can I be sorry with you? i think it would be a "rounding" experience for me. :o  ;)  :D  B)  :rolleyes:  :blink:  :blink:  :ph34r:

#22 OFFLINE   jbredmound

jbredmound

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:55 AM

P.S.I do have the Klinghai font and translation package here. Some of the trnaslations are a bit hard to understand:Newbie...something about a goat.Member...forget it, it's gross.I'm a Scot, as well. Scot, in Klinghai, refers to "guzzler", "golfer", and "danger to all women"? :rolleyes:  :blink:  :blink:  :ph34r:  ;) I don't know about the first two, but the third has me pegged. :D  B)  :o

#23 OFFLINE   Scot

Scot

Administrator

• Forum Admins
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 11:13 AM

Omigod, another Scotsman? We are in deep ... ah, doo-doo. :)  :) -- Scot

#24 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 03:24 PM

If a Swede can barge into this string for a quick comment (about the names, not about all you highlanders :D ), I like the simple convention of "member", "moderator", etc.  Democracy for all members, and it gets attention if the post is from "the front office".  Don't go for Klingon, the pronunciations make my tongue hurt.

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher, an idiotť
(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#25 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 03:39 PM

I love this topic!  Much fun here  :D BTW: If a Heinz 57 can also barge in here -- Scotish, Irish, Dutch, French (scotching the french this month), German, English .... and of course, all American :)They say that mutt's have good temperaments  :D Hey, ranks are like the weather in Virginia ... keep posting...it will change  :D
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users