PcLinuxOs - Preview 5

Owyn

No. It's not available yet and I can not say when. I started this thread to post details of the next Preview when it is available.Next post will include:1)Changelog - Description of changes since PV42)Download sources3)Test notes - Specific items that need to be checked. Tests may be either regression tests or tests for new features. I will also include a template for reporting test results.This may hold up testing by a day or two after release but hopefully we can avoid some of the problems that we had in testing PV4.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owyn

• Bruno

• ross549

• zox

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Owyn . . I saw the title and started dusting off my burner . . . . . . how long will we have to wait ? :'( :) I´m ready for it !:'( Bruno

Practice? :o What is there to practice? It's just a simple click and a hour later or less - bam, it's done!! :o Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. :o I need the practice to keep up that good karma charm so the doors of the server will let me in the next time to download the next edition. :D What was I thinking? :D :o

The download would never be in vain.  Just another test copy.  Practice downloading if nothing else.  :D
You know, Julia, some of us have an acceptable use policy on our broadband!! :o :o

You know, Julia, some of us have an acceptable use policy on our broadband!!  :o  :o
Acceptable use? Does that mean anything Linux is acceptable? I can't think of any other explanation. I pay for a 1.5 connection. That means Linux downloads! :D I'm ready for PCLinuxOS Preview 5.

Careful now.... I don't think they would take too kindly to a good number of things. Hostile take-overs being one of them. :o But, hey, go for it. :devil:Edit: But we're deviating off topic... :D

• 1 month later...

Tex has just released Preview 5.There is a new site that goes along with the release.Release NotesMirrorsCheat CodesMirrors are still syncing. Stats when mirrored as follows:

[owyn@Mdk92 PCLos PV5]$ ls -latotal 699545-rw-rw-r--    1 owyn  owyn          109 Jan 22 10:14 logininfo.txt-rw-rw-r--    1 owyn  owyn        56 Jan 22 10:14 md5sum.asc-rw-rw-r--    1 owyn  owyn  716322816 Jan 22 12:33 pclinuxos-1.20.04.iso[owyn@Mdk92 PCLos PV5]$ cat md5sum.asc48220d17cb71727bedeb771168581e98  pclinuxos-1.20.04.iso[owyn@Mdk92 PCLos PV5]$ md5sum -c md5sum.ascpclinuxos-1.20.04.iso: OK
Just finished test download from master. More details and test notes within the hour.

nlinecomputers

Well as Bruno deleted the whole topic I'll repost. Bruno you know you can EDIT your posts....no need to nuke the whole topic. :D I'm a great Mandrake fan and I don't normally mess with Betas but this may have to be downloaded. If I can ever get Lindows to download with out timming out I'll try it next.

Nathan:There were two topics with the same title and the same subject . . . and because my announcement was premature ( it just was not there yet ) . . . I thought it better to simply delete the topic . . to avoid confusion :)Owyn:nluug is at 699534 KB now . . . a lot more then 154 MB . . . . looks better to me :D:lol: Bruno

Nathan - You can not delete a post when it is the first one in a thread. We can go in and edit all sorts of posts as moderators but one quirk of the forum is that you can not delete the first post of the thread which is what Bruno obviously wanted to do. On the other hand, it makes very good sense to have it all in this thread as it was first intended. ;)Once again Bruno and I cross posted! What a day! :D

Nluug has it 100% and I am getting it at 35Kb.I was excited and I actually downloaded 100Mb ISO and realized, .. it can't be 100Mb.It was from other mirror that still has it at 100Mbs??

Barry: :P :D Owyn: I just added a subtitle to the thread: "Update: It's available NOW !!" ( if you know a better one let me know :lol: ):huh: Bruno

Bruno: Sub-title is fine. HD install supposed to be fixed. Test in progress. 35 minutes to go on copy phase.Quint: Congrats. You won the race.All:Quick test showed following problems:-Volumes initially muted-3D Support not loaded for Radeon 64 DDR Vivo (7200)

Barry you might as well relax. I have been home five minutes and I am getting it at 170.5 KB/s. I should be done by the time you get home so there should be space available. :DOwyn, Thanks for providing the links and updated status. ;)Julia :)

Barry you might as well relax.  I have been home five minutes and I am getting it at 170.5 KB/s.  I should be done by the time you get home so there should be space available. :DOwyn, Thanks for providing the links and updated status.  ;)Julia :)
But I don't do Wait well :) :) :) B) ,,it's just an emotional rollercoaster. However, it does sound like everybodies getting pretty good D/L speeds.Owyn..will you need feedback to forward on?

Hi OwynHD install in progress here too . . . B) . . . . sound was not muted on mine though . . . :) Bruno
:) Have to go take care of some business. Will post additional release notes and test priorities when I get back.Happy downloads.

Nice job Quint . . . . . you're way ahead . . . got still 12 minutes on the HD install to go . . . :)( was there a choice to yes or no install Lilo ? ):) Bruno