New Computer Installation

linhudson

Dear Jeber, I just bought a brand-new '386' computer, and I deleted the operating system since I wanted to use something faster I had around the house to operate it. I thought that the can opener would work fine. I'm having some problems actually attaching it to the computer, however. Some other problems I'm having is my that the printer and camera that I got for the computer don't want to work at all. My friend told me that I should install some "soft-ware", but all that I got with the printer and camera were some stiff disks that look like small frisbies that were very difficult to break, but I could find no "soft-ware". So where should I find this "soft-ware"? By the way, I had to remove the coffee-cup holder to make a place for the can opener. The earlier article was very helpful. I used a chainsaw to remove mine though.

Software...consider that word and what's the first thing that pops into your mind (with any luck, not the first thing that popped into my mind)? That's right, the manual. Take the manual and lay it in the bottom of your computer case, open to the page you want your computer to "read" (sorry for the complex technical terms, but I couldn't think of a common term that applied). Close the case, making sure not to spill too much of the shaved-ice cooling material, and reboot. Your machine should now be able to "access" the "page" it needs to "read" and do just fine. If not, feel free to post any further problems you encounter.I'm still considering your hassle with the can opener. It seems like you did everything ok. Maybe the can opener "drivers" were too old (over 6 hours). Try the coffee bean mill, or any other newer appliance you have around the house. But let's see what some of the other members think. (I always say that when I run out of ideas...makes me sound more magnanimous and less clueless :lol: )

:P how can the computer read in the dark? Ya better throw in a kerosene lantern so it can see the page. Kerosene lantern will save ya from having to plug another cord into the power source.

Have you considered the possibility that your computer had joined a cult, and is purposely resisting you?I suggest this only because cults do something called "programming", which I know has something to do with computers.Perhaps your computer needs to be "deprogrammed" so that it can be restored to productive societyI know that "de-programmers" are available out there, but I am not sure how to reach them.Perhaps you could use a friend's computer to conduct an internet search; make sure that your friend has a good firewall, and that you both wear 3-D glasses while conducting the search, as we would not want to lose you, too.