iOS 5 on 3GS

securitybreach

securitybreach

So I am going to upgrade my mom's Iphone 3GS to iOS 5.0 tonight and I was wondering if any of you iOS users have any tips or anything? I have played around with her phone a few times but I am not familiar with an OS upgrade on the device. Will the 3GS be able to handle version 5.0 ok or should I not even bother?Any ideas would be appreciated.Thanks

I would just make sure all the apps are up to date, and then to back the phone up first. Other than that, I would like to hear your results. My wife's 3GS will be upgraded shortly too.Adam

securitybreach

Well as this is my mom's phone and I do not feel like fixing it if it breaks, I may wait a few days before I upgrade her phone.

securitybreach
Since I am about to update the iPad, I'll let you know for sure in a little while.
Thanks :thumbsup:I go into work in about an hour but I will check back when I get off and everything is fine, I will probably be upgrading her phone tonight.

IMO, I would avoid "primetime" for the update. If it gets bad tonight again, I would just try again in the morning.I think the issues with updates mainly came about because 11 billion devices tried to update at the same time.Adam

As long as you do the update on the computer that you sync with iTunes everythng should be fine. The only thing missing will be your music, but you just drag it back in from iTunes. I updated my Touch yesterday and had no issues.

securitybreach
IMO, I would avoid "primetime" for the update. If it gets bad tonight again, I would just try again in the morning.I think the issues with updates mainly came about because 11 billion devices tried to update at the same time.Adam
Well I can only run the updates late at night because my mother needs her phone and I can only keep her phone while she is asleep. I have to bring it back to her house before she gets up for work so she can use it.

securitybreach
I am thinking I will update Cami's phone tonight during the show.
Well be forewarned, I chatted with a friend from work last night and it took them 3 hours to update their iphone4 so it may take a good while.

The upgrade time is going to be directly proportional to the amount of data on the phone. It has to go through a backup and restore phase. ;)Adam

securitybreach
The upgrade time is going to be directly proportional to the amount of data on the phone. It has to go through a backup and restore phase. ;)Adam
Thanks, I just started the upgrade process. Wish my luck ;)