AHHHHhh POOR Lappy

kamicota

WellLAPPY has been checked out after It's digesting Red Wine and--->>>One of the The Flat Power cable wires had burnt out - :clap: REPAIRED thanks to FriendBUT it is the LCD that is Bye B :bye2: :bye2: :bye2: yes SO tried it with the DESKY LCD Monitor --->>> :thumbsup: WORKS in WindowsBUT MDV gives can not work with this resolution = 1280x1024 and lappy is 1280x800So how do we proceed to get Linux up in the short termANY IDEASCheers for yearsColin a little :o but STILL B) :happyroll: :happyroll:

brunoI do NOT get the chance to use konsole UNLESS there is that option on the boot up screen which memory does NOT see what is there right at this momentCheers for yearsColin B)

Thanks BrunoI KNOW I get 3 Linux options in the boot up = MDV , + ??? + safemode I thinkI will explore these together with YOUR tutorial also when it is calm Down time to try lappy again After my THRILLS with DESKY B) Cheers for yearsColin :happyroll:

Hi ColinYep read those 2 Tips attentively . . . print them out and read them again . . . . after that you will understand what it says and it will be easy as pie.B) Bruno

Just a Ryder to all this --->>>The HP dv5020ca LCD screen - 407799-001 is US265.00 - US$295.00 OUCH that hurts :whistling: Maybe it's time to either tear this LAPPY apart and use hard Drive as an external Plus whatever from itand use cash for more CREATIVE Pursuits :w00t: :o And give up a LAPPY's in general as they seem to be my NEMISIS :P Cheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Maybe it's time to either tear this LAPPY apart and use hard Drive as an external
Laptop hd's are slow compared to regular ones Colin . . . so I don't know if that really is a good idea.I would put the Laptop in a safe place and wait a year or so to see if the replacement parts did get any cheaper.:whistling: Bruno

Thanks BrunoAnd THOSE PRICES were on Ebay The hard drive would just be storage I THINK :w00t: I suppose I am only NOW reeling from the Trama I cause lil' ol' Lappy eh :P Cheers for yearsColin :thumbsup: :whistling:

Righty HoProgress being made :wacko: LAPPY/(nearly 2nd DESKY :w00t: ) --->>>Now runnining MDV 2007 on 19" LCD Flat Panel Monitor at 1280x 1024Just have to set up KVM (Just for monitor) as no PS2 ports on Lappy.Then it will be time to remove the LCD and hinged frame and disconnect the burnt out cables Just so we don't get that AWSOME Electricity trying to find another excuse to burn something else out :thumbsup: eh???And also I AM LITERALLYT and ACTUALLY STRETCHED to thre limit reaching for keyboards anfd MICEHope Y'ALL don't mind this little update :w00tx100: Cheers for YearsColin :happyroll:

Thanks AdamBu LAPPY/2nd DESKY will not have a screen like yours :w00tx100: Depending how things Go may even buy a 19" or 20" or 21" or 24" WIDESCREEN LCD too :happyroll: So as of now we ARE KVM'd and trying it with DeskyAnd NOT GAME to send a picture of my Creative Room as there are too many cables mice, keyboards printers USB Hubs and AC Power supplies that LIGHT up the room :wacko: Cheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Now runnining MDV 2007 on 19" LCD Flat Panel Monitor at 1280x 1024Just have to set up KVM (Just for monitor) as no PS2 ports on Lappy.
Great Colin !! . . . . . Now at least you can use the laptop as kind of desktop . . . . so not all is wasted ! :DB) Bruno

No BrunoALL is NOT Lost eh???Even did 176MB of updates on MDV tooOnly niggle right now is MDV does not see my Windows Drive D partitionBut other than that WE be on OUR WAY :P Cheers for yearsColin :)