Mozilla Firefox Version 53.0 Released With Massive Security Updates

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 53.0 to the release channel today. The update includes a massive 35 security updates identified as eight (8) Critical, sixteen (16) High, seven (7) Moderate updates and four (4) low security updates. Firefox ESR was updated to version 45.9.0.

The next scheduled release is June 13, 2017 (5 week cycle with release for critical fixes as needed).

Mozilla Firefox Release Notes

Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox 53 — Mozilla

• Like 2

I only keep FF updated as a backup, although I'm beginning to wonder why I bother since I don't care for the changes that have been made. I have the current version on one device and ESR on another but Pale Moon continues to be the primary workhorse for me.

• Like 1

I'm still running FF v 45 until June 13th when Mozilla drops support for it.

Both versions 45 and 52 are still available for download https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

I've dragged updating because I suspect the interface will be a lot different. That's the reason I switched to Palemoon as my main browser and have FF as a backup.

I have started using FF again (version 52.0.2) in both Mint and Ubuntu because there are many videos on You tube based on HTML5 which for a reason unknown to me is not working In Chrome.I would use FF all the time but some Flash videos cannot be seen and I have lots of folders in my bookmark toolbar in Chrome that I cannot transfer from Chrome to FF (unless someone can show me hot to do it)

Anyway I am glad to use FF again but will have a look at Palemoon and see how well it will work for me.

Oops! Just realized it's for Windows.

Edited by réjean

I just installed PCLinuxOs this afternoon and now I see that I am using FF version 51.0.1 but when I looked for upgrades it tells me I am up to date. I guess I am ok!

• 2 weeks later...

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 53.0.2 to the release channel today. (No references made to version 53.0.1.) When checking, I wasn't offered an update to Firefox ESR.

The next scheduled release is June 13, 2017 (5 week cycle with release for critical fixes as needed).

Mozilla Firefox Release Notes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...