Cool Keyboard Features of Thunderbird

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Have you ever been annoyed about the tiny fonts in Thunderbird on some emails?

Well when you have an email open, you can use CTRL++ and CTRL-- to Zoom in and Zoom out like you can in Firefox and Google Chrome.

Keyboard shortcuts Thunderbird

List of keyboard shortcuts

Please use the Help with... selector on the right to choose your operating system and your version of Thunderbird. Only the keyboard shortcuts which apply to your choice will be shown.

View Keyboard Shortcuts for:

Thanks for this! However, I was just reading how FF is dropping user share, and I found myself hoping that we weren't on the way to seeing the end of all Mozilla software. Contrary to Eric's experience, I'm finding FF very satisfactory on openSuSE and Win7 and I'm using Thunderbird on both those platforms too.

Guest LilBambi

I would hope not too. I use four different browsers for different things on my different OSes. Except for the OFFline XP which I use only Pale Moon.

I hear you. Many folks are still happy with Firefox. I would be happier with it if they would fix the memory leak that's been there for quite some time.

I would be happier with it if they would fix the memory leak that's been there for quite some time.

Agreed. Wonder what the problem is? Doesn't seem to be a problem for me at this time though.

V.T. Eric Layton

CTRL + mouse scroll wheel will also zoom in and out in FF, TB, Seamonkey, Chrome, Chromium, and I think Opera. Very handy! :)

How's this for a good one . Just tried the wheel click .Low and behold up popped my last sent e-mail in this post

Needless to say I selected all and deleted . Running FF28.

Talk about crazy !!!

Thanks for this! However, I was just reading how FF is dropping user share, and I found myself hoping that we weren't on the way to seeing the end of all Mozilla software. Contrary to Eric's experience, I'm finding FF very satisfactory on openSuSE and Win7 and I'm using Thunderbird on both those platforms too.

Firefox has a reputation for memory leaks. That may be part of it. In my usage, firefox does not work as well as Chrome. My browser stays open almost 24/7. Tabs do go wonky after a while. Chrome does better in this situation, since you can kill a specific tab without having to restart the browser. Usually the only time I shut down the browser is for a browser update or an OS reboot.

This is one usage case though, and likely not representative of the userbase as a whole.

Adam

• Like 1

-----Original Message----- From: @kingscollege.org.uk Sent: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 23:01:53 +0000 To: i@inbox.com Subject: Jenny address j@aol.co

Has anyone got any idea why my center wheel is doing this. (Edited above for safety )

It is normally used for slow/fast scrolling But in the post-box this????

Guest LilBambi

In Linux, if you highlight a line and then click your mouse wheel, it pastes what you had copied. Maybe something like that?

Guest LilBambi

Tip: Select text and middle click the New Tab button to search for it. (self.chrome)

submitted

5 months ago

by partusman

This may only work on the Linux version, but if you highlight some text (not only on Chrome, but on any application) and then middle-click the New Tab button, it will search for that text using your default search engine. This also opens URLs.

Also on a more OS-related note, middle-clicking on any Linux program will paste whatever you have currently highlighted on whatever application. Don't know about OS X/Chrome OS though, but I do know Windows does not have any of this natively.

And more...

Linux/X11: MIddle-click "select" to copy/paste text

Middle-Click Paste? Not For Long

Gnome is apparently changing...at least according to that posting in 2013.

V.T. Eric Layton

It does in weechat...

And other places in Linux depending on how your mouse is set up.

Weewy? How intewesting. ;)

I just discovered this by accident 2 days ago . Never used the wheel click except for auto scrolling .

But I did fit a new ....>3D OPTICAL< mouse about a month ago when the old one got very erratic .

Maybe I have to reconfigure for it . Curious , It's not doing it on this post now .Just tried it .