Eclipse Photos- She Blinded Me With Science...

Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Hi, All-

I started out on the deck with this contraption, but soon moved

it out front in the driveway to get away from tree limbs..

CFeWCB1.jpg

This was an idea I stole whole off of the internet. Worked perfectly. It's a 'pinhole viewer'. Expected

image size is 0.01 times the length. It's 6ft of box (72in), so we expected (and got) an image of

abnout 0.72 in width. That's about 3/4 inch. See why this is way better than a crummy old shoe box?

Anyway, it did the job..

.LM4i4rb.jpg

The faint crescent you see is our sun coming out of the 80+ percent eclipse seen in the mid-Atlantic

region. At peak time of 2:42PM local, that crescent was real skinny like a new moon. That little 'smile'

just kept getting wider and wider; started to resemble a jack o'lantern smile to me... The moon is

moving away to the right in my reverse image here. Started out a real skinny crescent- it's starting to

get noticeably wider in this shot... 1/16 inch, 1/8 inch, 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch. Eventually I became bored

(and overheated) and went back inside to enjoy the air conditioning. This renews my belief in

science, the universe, and everything. By golly, them scientist guys are the real deal, Martha! Vivid

visual proof of celestial mechanics and what not. (She blinded me with science!)

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet
  • Like 5

Where i live there was about 95% coverage. It was odd - wearing eclipse glasses you could see the moon in front of the Sun, but without the glasses there was nothing occluding the Sun, it was full sunshine. You didn't see the Moon transiting the Sun.

Yeah, temps dropped about 10 degrees for about 30 minutes and for about 10 minutes the hue seemed duller but you couldn't see anything like a shadow or anything at all.

securitybreach

Awesome!! It was about 80% in my area but I was able to catch it a different stages outside with some glasses a friend ordered off of amazon. I was at work during the day so I couldn't be out there all day due to appointments I made.

In the Ottawa area we had about 60% coverage. At peak time I thought I detected a slight dimming of light but it might have been cloud cover. Where I live the big one is scheduled for 2024 if I make it that far.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Cluttermagnet

When the mooooooooon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars...

LosmHzk.jpg

She blinded me with science!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHNwLqza37k

Clutter

P.S. The English monarch signed the Magna Carta in 1215.

A mere 11 years later, in 1226, a conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn.

What are the odds? Coincidence? No, say I. It must have been a

vast conspiracy between the bankers and the alchemists with

their phony potions... which brings us to the present. History

repeats itself (or at least rhymes...)

:whistling:

Edited by Cluttermagnet
  • Like 1