Doctor Who Roleplaying Game ? Tea in the Tardis anyone !

abarbarian

Does anyone fancy a game ?

You can go anywhere or anywhen in the universe. This world or countless others, encountering strange alien races, new cultures or hostile environments – at any point in time. Where would you go?

The Doctor Who Roleplaying Game is set in the universe of the world’s longest-running science fiction show on TV: the BBC’s Doctor Who. In it you take on the role of the Doctor (any one of his twelve incarnations!) and his companions (any one of them too – or you might make up your own) and embark on your own adventures across time and space.

It’s not going to be easy. It’ll probably be dangerous. The universe is a hostile place, full of Daleks, Zygons, Sontarans, Weeping Angels, Cybermen, Silence, Silurians and worse. There will be fear, heartbreak and excitement, but above all, it’ll be the trip of a lifetime. The whole of time and space is out there, full of new places to see and adventures to be had – what are you waiting for?

It would be easy to organise a cloud/Dropbox folder accessible by players for storing the game files. I was thinking of something like ZIM which is cross platform and easy to use for all the game instructions and gameplay.

A chat program would be might be useful aswell so that folk could talk about the throw of the dice or the Gamemasters decisions. I was thinking of Hex-Chat but am not sure if it is cross platform.

Playing the game would be simple.

Discuss here in a thread a game and characters and decide on a Gamesmaster.

Create a online folder containing ZIM.

The Gamemaster issues instructions updates the folder and posts a notification in the forum thread.

As each player takes a turn they record their actions in ZIM and updates the folder and posts a notice in the forum thread.

Talk about the game could either be in the forum thread or in a chat program which ever folk feel is the best way.

Players would not need to make instant decisions though they could if they wanted to. As folk have different calls on their time responding to the game would be to suit the player with say a 48 hour limit on turns.

That is the basic outline if anyone is interested.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/doctor-who-rpg-books

We could either get one copy of the game or each buy a copy the Humble folk support some good causes so I do not mind the individual copy route.

cool.gif

securitybreach

Sorry I never cared for Doctor Who. I tried watching it a few times and found it over the top goofy.

Sorry I never cared for Doctor Who. I tried watching it a few times and found it over the top goofy.

Well it is a children's program. Guess I never grew up :Laughing:

securitybreach

Doctor Who is a kid's program?????

It's for kids of all ages, although perhaps a bit scary for the younger ones.

I followed it religiously since Tom Baker, but not a big fan of the Peter Capaldi ones.

• Like 2

Doctor Who is a kid's program?????

Yup the series started in 1963. Here is an episode with the Daleks from 1966 I think so they had refined some of the special effects by then. :Laughing: About two minutes in and you can see where they got the idea for the mice in the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. :breakfast:

http://youtu.be/vUltB6f5-gs

• Like 1

Busy at the moment. Must come back and read here later. :yes:

It is a Humble Bundle deal and there are only three days left.

I posted on another forum but no one seems interested over there. Shame I fancied emulating my heros from the Big bang as they always played rpg/ dungeons and dragon type games.

:breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

Meh... I haven't been into fantasy books or games for many years. Besides, the ONLY game I've played for the past decade (it seems) is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vanilla or modded.