Had to do a google for Meh

mhbell

Was wondering what Meh was, So I did a google and this is what I got.

Meh

Millennials aren’t interested in what they aren’t interested in. And they have an exp
ression for it: “meh.” There’s no mystery where “meh” comes from. It was expressed, and even spelt out, in episodes of The Simpsons, which could be considered the ultimate Millennial TV show. At first, when the Simpson daughter, Lisa, used it in 1992, it was hardly more than a mutter, but it was used again from time to time and in a 2001 episode she spelt it out, dignifying it as a word and not just a sound.

Homer: Kids, how would you like to go to Blockoland?

Bart and Lisa: Meh.

Homer: But the TV gave the impression that…

Bart: We said meh.

Lisa: M-E-H. Meh.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I used to spell it m-y-e-h, but lately I'm seeing it as m-e-h everywhere. I use it as a textual shoulder shrug in my posts, usually.

• Like 1

I used to spell it m-y-e-h, but lately I'm seeing it as m-e-h everywhere. I use it as a textual shoulder shrug in my posts, usually.

Yep Millennials ages 20 to 36 years old born between 1981 and 1997

securitybreach

So what am I then as I was born in 78?

@Josh you are the trailing edge of Generation X. The leading edge of Millennials are part of the Boom Echo which started in the early 80s. This article provides an excellent summary of the "4th Turning" theory of generations.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 2

Your in the USA Josh. :tease:

Seriously though this is a worrying theory,

The Strauss–Howe generational theory, created by authors William Strauss and Neil Howe, describes a theorized recurring generation cycle in American history. Strauss and Howe laid the groundwork for their theory in their 1991 book Generations

not the theory itself mind you. The worry is the people who take it seriously,

Steve Bannon, Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to President Trump is a prominent proponent of the theory.

Bannon is "very familiar with Strauss and Howe’s theory of crisis, and has been thinking about how to use it to achieve particular goals for quite a while.

:Laughing:

Strauss and Howe apply their theory to US history but I think it can be used more broadly in Western civilization as well. It's a fun theory but you have to be some sort of weirdo to try to get a practical application out of it. :w00tx100:

according to which article you read, you could be Generation X or Y Probably Y is closer.

Hedon James

according to which article you read, you could be Generation X or Y Probably Y is closer.

I'm Gen X...smacked square in the forehead. I like the way SB thinks...we'll claim him.

Edited by Hedon James

Here is a chart I found.

Mel

Generations table

The following table summarizes what you need to know about Western generations so you can track your own in time.

Generation

Births from

Births until

Coming of age

The G.I. Generation – Greatest Generation

1918 - 1942

The Silent Generation – Lucky Few

1943 - 1963

The Baby Boom Generation – Baby Boomers

1964 - 1983

Generation X – Latchkey Kids

1984 - 1997

Generation Y – Millennials

1998 - 2012

Generation Z – Gen Next

2013 - 2034

Most of these primary generations still have a role in today’s market place, but the recent research has shown that Millennials have overtaken Baby Boomers as largest generation in the US.

Edited by mhbell

securitybreach

I believe the category I'm in these days is old grippers. ;)

I thought it was pronounced "Old Fart".

• Like 2

Hedon James

where I live, I'm referred to as "old, but awesome". OTOH after 35+ years of loud rock music, guitars, drums, amplifiers, PA systems....perhaps my hearing isn't what it used to be. but it sure sounds like "old, but awesome"!

• Like 4

V.T. Eric Layton

"Awesome" and "fart" are easily confused for one another when you're hearing impaired.

• Like 2

I believe the category I'm in these days is old grippers. ;)

If you lived in Wales, you'd be an "old git."

By that way of thinking as VT is younger than me I must be a very old git :w00t:

• Like 2

I didn't see OMS mentioned......Old Man Smell, cuz I think I'm getting really close :(

Grooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssss :icon8:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

OMS = BENGAY®, soured coffee, cheap aftershave, occasional scent of urine... Ah! So much to look forward to. :w00t:

• Like 2

securitybreach

OMS = BENGAY®, soured coffee, cheap aftershave, occasional scent of urine... Ah! So much to look forward to. :w00t:

And mothballs

• Like 3

abarbarian

I detect the moth balls but haven't noticed the stale cabbage......yet.

Yeah, no stale cabbage here either. ;)

You young uns ave sumat to look forward to then. :whistling:

• Like 3