High school denies graduate from participating because he's wearin

Outrageous!

He finished his senior year in December, then joined the Marines. He wore his dress uniform to the graduation, but was told he couldn't participate because he was wearing his uniform. What kind of message are we sending to our young people?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uniformed-marine-barred-from-walking-in-high-school-graduation-ceremony/ar-BBCjuUP?li=BBnb7Kz

securitybreach

Well I understand as that is not what you are supposed to wear at graduation. If they allowed someone to wear something different than the traditional gown, then others would dress in all kind of outfits. You cannot change a rule for a single student. if anything, he was out of line for trying to wear his uniform when he knew that it was not proper attire.

Oh and from the article:

During practice, Principal Chip Pettit reportedly told Stanley that he was not allowed to wear his uniform at the weekend graduation. Stanley decided to wear his dress blues anyway.
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Sad but true. Military has rules on public events too but I do not see why he couldn't put the cap and gown on over his uniform. Then take it off after the ceremony for family pictures if so desired.

securitybreach

Sad but true. Military has rules on public events too but I do not see why he couldn't put the cap and gown on over his uniform. Then take it off after the ceremony for family pictures if so desired.

Exactly, my point.