Walagata

mac

Are any of you still using Walagata? I renewed my basic membership through Paypal back in mid-September. When I sign-in it shows membership expired. I've sent two or three messages to them from their website, and two or three more showing the receipt from my Gmail account. No reply of any sort.

I'll wait a few more days and then go through Paypal or my credit card company to get my money refunded.

Any suggestions for an online image host?

Thanks!

Mac

I'm still using it (10 years and counting) and I had a terrible time last year after I renewed to get access again.

My notes said it took 10 days. I resorted to daily emailing "Jonathan Parker" which is the name paypal uses for the owner.

The email however was signed by Thomas Gallagher.

I sent emails to support @ walagata.net

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get your issue resolved?

I renewed 13 days ago and so far nothing.

I've sent messages to support and emailed support.

I'm down to 2 days remaining and fear I'll get locked out of my account like last year. I guess I'll start pulling all my files stored there off to have them when I get locked out.

• Like 1

Did you ever get your issue resolved?

I renewed 13 days ago and so far nothing.

I've sent messages to support and emailed support.

I'm down to 2 days remaining and fear I'll get locked out of my account like last year. I guess I'll start pulling all my files stored there off to have them when I get locked out.

Pull them off while you can. Never heard from them. Started a request from Paypal, but haven't figured out how to complete the request.

• Like 1

There is no business plan, as far as I can tell. I've used them for more than a decade. It was free at first then in Feb. 2006, I paid to use the site. I happily used the site through 2015 with few problems. It starting getting bad last year when I was locked out for 10 days even when I had paid my renewal.

I got an automated email message yesterday from "Tom" (I assume the person who goes by the name Tom Gallagher) telling me that my subscription has expired! I replied with my first sentence in caps "YOU HAVE SOME NERVE". Then went on to complain. Of course, I don't expect to hear anything. I've been emailing from the Walagata site through the support button and through my email address on file for 14 days and never one response.

I also got a case number from Paypal telling me I should contact "Jonathan Parker" who the paypal payment goes to. Unfortunately there is a "do not reply to this email" notice from paypal. I wanted to inform Paypal that I've tried for 2 weeks to "contact" anyone.

Next stop, my bank to dispute the $9.99 payment. I have screenshots showing I had 1 day remaining, 2 weeks after the payment was made and the email showing my membership has ran(sic) out.

V.T. Eric Layton

Here's an odd thing...

There are absolutely ZERO posts complaining about Walagata for the past year on Google Search. You'd think if this were a serious issue with this site, that someone somewhere would be posting and complaining.

The search terms I used in the above search were, "Problems with Walagata."

Here's Walagata's domain info (there's a phone number):

https://whois.domaintools.com/walagata.com

I see that they charge 10 bucks for 50 whole meg of space. That's insane to be paying that. You can get 2 GIG for free at dropbox and Windows One Drive. FREE!

I've used the site BEFORE there were sites to store any type of file and hot link images to forums. I didn't mind paying because I like the easy setup to see all my files.

Eric, I'm not paying for a toll call. I'll probably get as frustrated trying to call as I did emailing. There is also an email address. That's the one I've been emailing to for about 2 weeks with zero response to any of my emails. PayPall emailed. I wonder how long it will take to get an answer?

The reason why there are no complaints is because I guess no one uses the site - just Mac and me!

I now have lots stored on my 17GB FREE storage on googledrive.

I use ImageBam to hot link images if a site doesn't allow an attachment.

So I'm good.

I want no parts of dropbox or onedrive.

Edited by zlim
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I filed a complaint with PayPal on Dec. 4th, the day before my membership expired.

Yesterday I got about the 4th email from Paypal - this one asking me if the issue had been resolved and giving me 3 days to reply. I replied with a resounding NO that after 10 years with them and absolutely no support, I was done.

Today Paypal agreed with me and decided in my favor and credited $9.99 to my account.

I'm posting this just in case anyone does a search for Walagata, hoping they read this and don't waste money on that site for file hosting.

It was good for about 8 years then last year I had problems and this year, I received zero support.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Is your Walagata issue also why your sig image doesn't show anymore, Liz?

Host that pic on Imgur. :)

Edit: Oh, I see it is by the image URL. :(

Imgur! Imgur! Imgur! :)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I look at it, darn it! I don't remember what you had there, either. What you have now works fine, though. :)

ImageBam is good, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to put closure to this topic, I thought I'd add the outcome. Paypal ruled in my favor. Yesterday i got a letter from my credit card company who will be giving me the $9.99 credit. (I did not pay this amount on my last credit card bill and then wrote a letter to the credit card company - not with the bill but to the address on the back of the bill - disputing the charge and telling them what I had done up to the date of the credit card bill.)

Don't sign up with Walagata!

It used to be good. I paid them for 10 years (since Feb 3, 2006) and had used them free before that.But it appears now that no one is minding the store.

Also, a lot more forums allow you to upload attachments so hot-linking is not needed. I grabbed all my files from Walagata before I was locked out and have them archived at 3 different places.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

I just had to resurrect this old thread. Today in my spam folder at gmail, I got a notice that my Walagata membership had expired. :'(

Considering I got my money back in 2016, you'd have thought it would take less than about 14 months to figure this out.

I'm still happily using ImgBam both registered and unregistered. (They went down for awhile but then came back and as always, it is free).

• Like 1

Maybe it was tossed as spam. Or perhaps it wasn't really sent from Walagata. I didn't study it to hard. I looked at it, laughed and deleted it permanently.

I emailed "Tom" so many times in late 2016 that I'm positive they had a working email address for me.

• Like 1