Fmr. Pres.Ronald Reagan Dies

GolfProRM

Sad to hear this, and wanted to post a link, but it just came over the news, and there isn't anything up about it yet.He battled with Alzheimers for over 10 years, and finally went this afternoon.A great man, and he will surely be missed.

Guest Paracelsus
Sad to hear this, and wanted to post a link, but it just came over the news, and there isn't anything up about it yet.He battled with Alzheimer's for over 10 years, and finally went this afternoon.A great man, and he will surely be missed.
I voted for him twice. And while he's the last Republican I've since voted for...And I still have some lingering qualms about certain actions of his admistration...He generally surrounded himself with outstanding people (especially Henry Kissinger).And if nothing else...His policies led to the crumbling of the Berlin Wall... the Iron Curtain... the Soviet Hegemony in Eastern Europe... and the dissolution of the Soviet Union itself.While it will still take decades to resolve the lingering repercussions of these events...And other areas of the world are taking the place of the USSR as major causes of concern...Regan... for all his faults... was a great man... and I think shall be highly regarded in the annals of American Presidential History.

It is truly sad that he is gone, a great man and person. As a president I think he was the best the nation has had in a very long time. As the Commander-in-Chief, he was the very best since JFK. He will surely be missed.

Martini Lover

I was a convert to President Reagan. I only voted for him the second time. I came to really like him. Seemed like an old uncle or something. Last year I got the book and read it, "A Different Drummer: My Thirty Years With Ronald Reagan" by Michael K. Deaver. It is available for less than Five bucks on Half.com with shipping. One of the best books, and most enlightening that I ever read. One that I will keep and re-read many times.