Linux Live CD w/ good file manager for Win7 64-bit?

frapper

Can someone suggest a newer Linux live CD with a file manager that would boot and work well on a Win7 64-bit machine (that can't 'see' a couple of its partitions)? And that you don't need to be a Linux geek to use? I'm working on fixing the partitions, but in the meantime.... Thanks. :blink:

PartedMagic Live CD or USB

Has LXDE desktop tools like PCMAN file manager and also has GParted graphical partition tool.

Many other tools available, just check the internet connection with the double computer icon in the systray and click the life preserver then programs.

There are hundreds, most are pretty easy to use. Any help needed, there are a few of us here that use this tool all the time.

Download here http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=downloads

Edited by amenditman

Thanks. for my machine I assume I need this file: "This file has an X86_64 kernel which is useful for rescue tasks on x86_64 machines. For example, you cannot chroot into an x86_64 machine without this kernel: pmagic_2012_2_27_x86_64.iso "

So just burn it to a CD and boot it? I don't need to learn any second language, like "chroot"? It works just like a UBUNTU live CD?

securitybreach
Thanks. for my machine I assume I need this file: "This file has an X86_64 kernel which is useful for rescue tasks on x86_64 machines. For example, you cannot chroot into an x86_64 machine without this kernel: pmagic_2012_2_27_x86_64.iso "

So just burn it to a CD and boot it? I don't need to learn any second language, like "chroot"? It works just like a UBUNTU live CD?

You should not need chroot as chroot is not available for Windows anyway and yes, you can just boot it like a normal live cd.

Patrick and the PartedMagic crew did all the hard work! :hysterical:

2 thumbs up for Parted Magic. :thumbup: I boot into this live CD a couple of times a week mainly to clone my partitions with clonezilla is which is another great tool. If you enjoy and get a lot of good use of Parted Magic, if you can, give a donation.

I advocate for these guys not because I get anything out of it personally but the work that Patrick has done comes down to a one stop shop for the best linux tools around. :)

Edited by ichase