Jeber for Moderator of The Water-Cooler

Guest Paracelsus

Should We Draft Jeber To Be an Official Moderator of The Water-Cooler  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Paracelsus

I believe Jeber's been doing a great job of starting (and keeping going) some very interesting and thought provoking Threads. He deserves a promotionTitular Only (No Salary; No Stipend; No 401K; and No reimbursement for Travel, Power Lunches or Vehicle Mileage)Of course... If we draft Jeber as a moderator, we may need to elect "Havnblast" as Official Forum "Curmudgeon"...Just to keep things in balance :) :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• havnblast

• Big Jeff

• benhenry

Guest LilBambi

It would certainly be interesting at the very least :) Hmmmm, wonder if he would want to moderate, seeing as he chose Jerry Rubin as his avatar :D :D

"ABSOLUTELY NOT - Moderators for a Water-Cooler smacks of Fascism"Hey Paracelsus…I’m listed as a moderator over the Water-Cooler. WANT ME TO CLOSE THIS POLL??? Fascism! Gee whats next? Jeber as a Mod!? :D P.S. I voted “PERHAPS - If He Promises to Behave.†LOL

Guest LilBambi

Arena2045 --You added a splash of color to your avatar ... cool :) Hey, I vote FOR Monitors for the water cooler ... I don't think anyone should be able to walk off with it -- we all need a fresh tonic every now and then! And you are doing a great job at it too, btw! :D

I suspect that you all just want a chance to vote for someone who has stated in a public forum that he is an idiot. ProofAt least I am not a crook. I don't have any witty comment to make at present. and I'm truely humbled by your statements (insert blushing smiley here), so I'll just keep an eye on this thread to see where this goes.

we may need to elect "Havnblast" as Official Forum "Curmudgeon".
That sounds like a pretty good job and an excellant choice for the position. I vote "yea".

Guest Paracelsus
"ABSOLUTELY NOT - Moderators for a Water-Cooler smacks of Fascism"Hey Paracelsus…I’m listed as a moderator over the Water-Cooler.  WANT ME TO CLOSE THIS POLL???  Fascism! Gee whats next? Jeber as a Mod!? :D
Arena2045…My apologies for being provocative. As it was relatively early in the morning, and I wasn't fully awake (not enough caffeine), one on my "Alternate Realities"* took control as I was setting up the poll responses.This one has very strong Anarchist tendencies. He calls any form of Organizational Hierarchy which provides for Unilateral Intervention without a duly decreed Plebiscite overseen by a United Nations authorized Plenipotentiary, Fascist.A tad extreme?? Perhaps. However, you should see what happens when he comes out at Staff Meetings, if I get a little sleepy.I don't think he intended anything personal, by that choice. Besides…You never hang out at the Water-Cooler anyway. *It was LabRat!!! (Great! Thanks a lot, Snitch!) :D

Guest ComputerBob
I suspect that you all just want a chance to vote for someone who has stated in a public forum that he is an idiot.
Only the truly wise man is aware that he is truly an idiot. --ComputerBob :D

Uh-oh, this is beginnig to sound nasty! :D Let me just state for the record that I had no involvement in, nor did I posses any advance knowledge, of this thread. In fact, I suspect this thread was started by my worthy opponant ( :D ) and his election campaign people in an attempt to smear my good name (jeber's a pretty good name, don't ya think?). BTW, I am secretly recording all these comments and the transcripts will be available in my library in about 20 years. :D

No offense to Jeber or any of the other Mods around here, but just how many mods do we need? From the looks of it (granted I've only been here a couple days), there are only a few people that actually post here on a regular basis... There are almost 800 members, but this place gets about 50-60 posts a day? I appreciate what the job of moderator is, but do we need more moderators than we have regular posters (that aren't mods)?P.S. I'm not the one that voted against Jeber... I'm currently abstaining :D

This one has very strong Anarchist tendencies.  He calls any form of Organizational Hierarchy which provides for Unilateral Intervention without a duly decreed Plebiscite overseen by a United Nations authorized Plenipotentiary,  Fascist.
Wah, all of a sudden I feel stupid...OK maybe not all of a sudden..but possibly more so in the last few minutes. :D But according to CompBob, I'm a genius, yah!Lets not let this get nasty...from my experience at other forums no one pays attention to the mods anyway...they are just there to make sure no one posts anything too offensive or let discussions get out of hand or off topic...ya know, the kind wherein peeps threaten to hunt down and kill each other like I did over at BB...uh, nevermind.In other words, the more threads to keep track of, the more mods that are needed to keep track of them. And I vote for Jeber cuz I don't think he'll pay that much attention anyway and I can threaten to kill whomever I want. :D

First off, I apologize if my first post came off nasty... it's hard to get a point across on a board (being light-hearted about it) without coming off as mean/nasty... :D In no way am I mad, upset or angry about this... just trying to take a different perspective.Second thought, anyone seen Scot lately? it'd be interesting to hear his thoughts about Jeber :D

Guest Paracelsus
This one has very strong Anarchist tendencies.  He calls any form of Organizational Hierarchy which provides for Unilateral Intervention without a duly decreed Plebiscite overseen by a United Nations authorized Plenipotentiary,  Fascist.
Wah, all of a sudden I feel stupid...OK maybe not all of a sudden..but possibly more so in the last few minutes. :D But according to CompBob, I'm a genius, yah!
Don't feel bad, Montana...LabRat makes me feel pretty dumb most of the time also. But, hey...He got me through Grad School. Knows a lot more about Chemistry than I do :D :DOh!!... and what that sucker can do in a well equipped Kitchen :D

I vote for anarchy. And I think everyone should have Mod rights to the forum. I believe this would add to the excitement!Of course, being computer people, none of us would put up with this for long...Okay, I don't vote for anarchy.I vote for Chaos. That way we could all use that cool Cone Of Silence when we wanted to talk about someone behind their back!Well, that didn't work so well for Max and the Cheif, so I don't want to vote for chaos. I'd probably end up in a garbage can like Agent 13Since this is the "Water Cooler", it makes sense to vote for someone who knows a lot about sports, current events, politics, government (yes, I believe government and politics are completely different things...), cars, computers, and everything else...Oh, what the heck - I guess I'll vote for Jeber... He seems able to BS his way around most subjects! B) d|:^)Dick

I vote for Jeber! Of course, I also voted for Ralph Nader, and RFK if I'd had the chance, and McGovern... and I would've voted for Carrie if I was at the prom that night :D

Guest LilBambi
:D Another one for Jeber, who else would do it?I see my missing koala has turned up here!Joy
greengeek --Gee and I thought the koala was lost and I could keep him! :D

most revolting, scum of the earth, anatomically incorrect individual that I have EVER known
Well, if you really felt that way, I'd have to say that you didn't know me at all. And it's "anatomically unremarkable and politically incorrect".

"anatomically unremarkable and politically incorrect".
:huh: I never really knew how to describe myself - I'm going to steal that little line... Just so you know!d|:^)Dick

Guest LilBambi
;) Never mind, keep the koala, we have a country full of them (kangaroos too!).Joy
;) HEHEHE! :huh: greengeek --You are really making me GREEN .... and I love green (it's my favorite color), don't 'cha know ... so thank you! ;) I just love all those marsupials on the continent down under! It's my favorite place on the planet ... one day I'd really like to visit Australia ;)

My two cents are honestly of little import in this discussion. But I have to tell you, I've been itching to make Jeber moderator of something, and, hey, this place is as good as any. So, Jeber, unless you object .... ;) By the way, the guy who nominated Jeber first, I've been trying to rope him in too!-- ScotP.S. Jeber, whatever you do, do NOT "promise to behave." ;)

My two cents are honestly of little import in this discussion. But I have to tell you, I've been itching to make Jeber moderator of something, and, hey, this place is as good as any. So, Jeber, unless you object ....  ;) By the way, the guy who nominated Jeber first, I've been trying to rope him in too!-- ScotP.S. Jeber, whatever you do, do NOT "promise to behave."  ;)
I think you should just create a completely separate Forum category, name it "Jeber's Playground", and let him have free reign. I'm sure he'd invite us all over to play... ;)