OnePlus 6T

securitybreach

securitybreach

So I picked up the OnePlus 6T the other day from Tmobile. This is the first OnePlus phone to come out on a carrier. OnePlus has been around for years now and this is their 9 model to come out. They have always been a popular phone for techies as they are always very high end but very cheap compared to others.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 846 processor -- Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)

8GB LODDR4X ram

6.41-inch, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED Full Optic screen with a 2,340×1,080 resolution, for an 86-percent screen-to-body ratio. (first phone to use gorilla glass 6)

3,700mAh battery (much higher than most phones)

In display fingerprint reader (first phone to have that)

128 GB internal harddrive

Dual Cameras:

16 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.6", 1.22µm, OIS, PDAF

20 MP (16 MP effective), f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.8", 1.0µm, PDAF

Front/back glass, aluminum frame

Released on November 2nd

The best part..... the phone only costs $579

They have a cheaper one at $549 but it only has 6gb of ram. They save money by leaving out certain things. Like for instance, they do not pay for the IP waterproof rating but the phone is still waterproof (one video has the 6T underwater for 20 minutes). The phone doesn't have wireless charging (they claim that it is not fast enough which is true) but they have their own version of quick charge that is very fast. 0-100% in 30 minutes. There are various other things but nothing I would miss at all.

z9SCzU8.jpg F4VCSoH.jpg

MU7AaBo.jpg

The OnePlus phones come with their own custom Android called Oxygen OS. Every time Google releases a new OS, OnePlus has their updated within a day or so. So you always get the brand new Android features. This model came with Android 9.0 Pie. This new version is mostly gestures based and does not have a traditional navigation bar. I recorded a quick video to show how the new android works. To pull up the app menu, I swipe up from the "pill" at the bottom and if I swipe up and hold it, I get the running apps (which is shown as horizontal cards on the new android 9.0)

Here is a quick video showing it off: https://vimeo.com/298838517

This phone is a beast and honestly I do not see me switching phones any time soon. Amazing enough, this is the first phone in many years that I didn't change the default launcher to Nova Prime almost immediately. The new Android Pie launcher is very cool.

https://www.digitalt...plus-6t-review/

https://www.theverge...te-announcement

securitybreach

6.5" inches? yikes!

are you still using it?

Of course, it is a very nice device.

It sounds big but its got a 86 per cent screen-to-body ratio so the screen is larger than a lot of phones but the device physically is not bigger. If that makes sense..

• 1 year later...
securitybreach

Did you unbrick it?

I now have the OnePlus 8 5G. I previously also had the 7 and 7T as well.