5 Things Every Aspiring Linux User Should Know

V.T. Eric Layton

Nice post! One of the things that popped into my mind: How to find help. There are the forums, as well as the documentation that comes with every Linux installation, but a key for me has been learning to do good web searches. Most of the time, I end up finding what I'm looking for, and I've found that I rarely need to post questions at Linux forums.

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks, guys. And you're right, Saturnian. Learning how to search efficiently is a BIG help when looking for info on Linux.

Great tips Eric. Left a comment. I will say it here as well. Have not made it over to the Nocturnal Slacker in quite some time as life has just really gotten in the way. But I am absolutely impressed with the new look. (may not be all that new but its new to me. :) )

V.T. Eric Layton

Ian, it's relatively new... the look, that is. I think I set it up last Friday. I change themes at v1.0 and v2.0 pretty often. I like variety. I do like this current one a lot, though. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't been as active on my blogs as I like to be, but hey... life is more than just writing on blogs. There's also game playing, website design, forums/boards, reading other blogs, etc. The Internet... it's like being a kid in a candy store. So much to do, so little time. ;)

... life is more than just writing on blogs. There's also game playing, website design, forums/boards, reading other blogs, etc. The Internet... it's like being a kid in a candy store. So much to do, so little time. ;)

And you failed to mention your all time favorite.

All the free, malware infected, adult entertainment you can want.

Whether that is none or constant overdose. :hysterical:

That's a nice website.

It wants me to install a plugin called Adobe Shockwave Player, manually.

What's wrong with my plain old Shockwave Flash plugin? Not good enough for ya Adobe? Now you want to change the name?

Adobe, you suck! I can't wait 'til HTML 5 technologies make you obsolete.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, and on top of all that, if you're not running Google Chrome, you won't be able to use Adobe Flash pretty soon. ;)

The odd thing is that I AM running Adobe's plugin on my Slackware. It still wouldn't let me play the shuffleboard game on that site. Guess I'll have to play it in Windows, huh? :(