Recommendations for bookkeeping software

amenditman

I have been using gnucash for several years to keep track of my personal/small-business finances.

In general, I have been pretty happy with it. I only use it once every three months or so. Sometimes I am very lazy and only use once a year.

I store copies of my data files on a USB stick, external hdd, cloud storage, etc. I do not use any online banking features or import bank info files.

If for some reason I have to use a different computer or I remove and reinstall the program, there are problems with getting the backup data files into the program. Sometimes I have to just rebuild some records from an older backup, duplicating work I've done previously.

I really hate doing bookkeeping and am looking for something simpler as my needs have been drastically reduced.

What do you use? Can it handle simple accounting for occasional consulting/odd-job income? Does it have a dependable backup feature for those of us who are paranoid about losing data?

V.T. Eric Layton

Finance software? Who needs finance software. I can do the figures in my head these days...

Liabilities: $25K+

Assets: Not a h3lluva lot

Monthly Income: ZERO

Math is easy when you're poor. ;)

Finance software? Who needs finance software. I can do the figures in my head these days...

Liabilities: $25K+

Assets: Not a h3lluva lot

Monthly Income: ZERO

Math is easy when you're poor. ;)

Not when you have to answer very pointed questions from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, State of Florida, and Hillsborough County. I thought the IRS was a pain, but since the accident I've learned a new respect for the bureaucratic mess other agencies have.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes, other than the mortgage thing, I'm very familiar with dealing with the bureaucracy these days. :(