Recycle your old pc !

abarbarian

Here are a few suggestions.

A step to help the cat get to the doorway.

1228813imgp5130.jpg

Raising the cats food of the draughty floor.

1228813imgp5131.jpg

Pumpkin Beer.

1228813imgp5133.jpg

Fitting a permanent shelf for the cat.

1228813imgp5135.jpg

More finishing of.

1228813imgp5139.jpg

Only the cat flap to fit now.

1228813imgp5142.jpg

Pictures 4, 5 and 6 were red herrings.

:breakfast:

Hello,

Mine go to family members, or friends, sometimes get parted out, recycled, or even get co-located to a data center if they are still usable in that regard.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Neat Aryeh ! I have tried to move these on our local Freecycle site but have had no takers. I'll give it another go then strip out the hdd and cd drives and then they will go to the great scrap heap in the sky. B)

No comments on the excellent woodworking. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Cluttermagnet

That's an interesting turquoise green 'wash' on the wood. Reminds me of a 'semi-transparent'

wood stain. Gives a nice instant antiqued look, actually. More classy than a simple coat

of paint IMO. Your cats love you, mate.

That green is two coats or in some cases only one coat of Barrettine Premier Wood preservative. I wanted the outside of the cabin green to melt into the background a bit.An I really would have liked to have used the Clear version inside to show of the natural wood but could not afford to buy a can of Clear when I had half a can of Green left. The wierd greeny antique finish is caused by the fact that the inside of the cabin is panelled with recycled pallet strips which I source from all over the place and as a result I get all sorts of different wood which take in the preservative stain in different ways.

Ta fer the comments an I may be able to show finished pictures one day along with a How It Was Made slideshow as I have taken pictures along the way. :breakfast:

http://www.wood-fini...od-preservative

I would have used the Log Cabin preservative but it is nearly twice the price of the one I used :'(

All the pc's and five boxes of assorted stuff went last week to a young lad from the Freecycle site. Hope he has a lot of fun with them. :good2:

Edited by abarbarian